What video/graphics card are you using?

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just wondering what cards we're all using and how they fare when running the latest games/apps.
I'm going to build a system purely for gaming for a Christmas gift and wondered what the best "bang for buck" card was.

:Cheers:

Ive got a NVidia GeForceFX 5700LE, which ran everything you threw at it, but now ive moved to the monster NVidia GeForce 6600 256MB AGP Graphics card, i only got AGP because i havent got a PCI-E, (PCI-Express) mother board, but thats only half of it, you need a fast Hard Drive to go with it so i got a 160GB SATA Drive (ATA/150 1.5Gb/s), i would get SATA II (ATA/300 3Gb/s) but i cant afford the price tag at the moment, but when i get a new mobo il get a PCI-E with SATA II Controller, will be a super computer then.

Still using a PNY GeForce 5600XT (I think?), does the job..........only upgraded from a GeForce 100/200MX a few months ago.....only because the fan blew! LOL

chrome

BTW I can't get the latest Nvidia Detonator drivers to work fully on mine so am using April's download. Let me rephrase that..........the drivers work but some of my applications have problems ie playing back movies.

peak radeon 9200 se 128mb graphics card doeas all i need runs moh fine m8

PCI-E Ati Radeon X850 XT PE, 1024Mb Corsair CAS 2/2/2/5 performance RAM 300Gb SATA (+ a couple of largeish E-IDE's for storage) and an Athlon X64 4000. Goes like the wind but costa packet! :(

@ The Bard.....................you know you'd most probably save a 'packet' if you bought a new console instead??

Or maybe an old Xbox which has been modded.

chrome

I use a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 in my machine and it runs everything I throw at it that is until I installed FEAR and it could not run it in max resolution but medium was fine.

Running a 128mb Geforce 6600 PCI-E. Runs everything prefectly I throw at it on full res (1280x1024)

chrome307 said:
@ The Bard.....................you know you'd most probably save a 'packet' if you bought a new console instead??

Or maybe an old Xbox which has been modded.

chrome

Cheers Chrome :)

Already have an xecuter'd xbox m8, but it's like everything I suppose, give them something and they then want something different ;)

Cheers for the replies guys :Hit:

Using a 128mb Ti4800 and 256 mb fx5600, apart from dx9 compliance the Ti4800 shoots all over the 5600 . Just look @ the number of rendering pipelines and the speed of the memory and gpu on the card. Be careful with the gefarces especially as the lettering SE e.t.c usually indicates a cut down version.

i am currently running geforce nvidia fx 6800 gt,good all round card,runs half life 2 and all the other games that come with it at full wack and no lag,i recommend this card to anyone,it won't disappoint

Using twin 6600gt's(SLI) on a a8n-sli mobo with 2gig of 6-2-3-3 geil ddr and a 3800X2, plays everything good enough, but would like to see it play F.E.A.R with full AA ect.
Currently looking to get a top hdd, only as strong as its weekest link and all that,
raptors are still the fastest for gaming but are due an update so prob wait for the raptor2 with 16meg buffer, sataII and Perpendicular Recording.
I'm waffling so i'll shut up.

was running nvidia TI 4600 for years gr8 card ,but just had to update to the 6600GT for the new shit! (battlefield 1942 fan) moving on to battlefield 2.
forced upgrade:(

im using a geforce fx 6200 havent had the chance to try it with a new type game with pixal shaders etc..

Back