What type of card?

T

tommy bhoy

Hi, firstly a big hello to anyone reading my first post on the forum, I just in the past few days noticed my card has succumbed to a key change, or ecm..i really don't know, but from what i have read throuhgout the past day, it would be most likely a key change.

I am not a total novice regarding card programming, i did have a millenium proggie and learned to load hex files, boatloaders and whatever, but from what i'm reading so far, those pic16f and 24cxx wafer cards seem childs play from the beasts that are required these days..or perhaps its just all the lost braincells startin to show..but i aint seen a proggie for a few years, so im learning over again

Anyway, i'm scoutin for a new proggie and would like to ask advice, on the choice of proggie and also, what types of card? What i do know is that the box (pace/ n-tee-l)has been modded to prevent it sending upstream and grassing my telly:) and originally had a dead funcard in its slot when i moved into my flat, i have no idea when the funcard got knocked out, but i asked around and soon got hold of a titanium2 based card as replacement, and until last week, had been faultless.

Can i use either the titanium or funcard again? Both cards have a bunch of hex code, 6 blocks, each containing 4 characters, Wthats that all about, and what do i do with them, cos the same numbers are written on each card.
I also have a second box (4xxx Pace series with original card) that is unused, and which i modded after reading how to do it, but never got round to trying out..i have never made a mosc cos of the apparent complexity, is this a better route than wafer cards though? If so, is this quite complicated?

Ah well, think thats about everything...I would very much appreciate any help with my many questions,
Many thanks in advance,

tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
The best type of programmer is either an infinity or a dynamite - try the unapit website. You want a programmer that supports phoeniox mode.

The numbers written on your box are the IRD (8 digits starting '12') and the BK (16 digits).

MOSC cards are the best choice as they are the genuine article and therefore the most resistant to attack by the CCs - just look at threads in the main forum over the last week to find out why :) If you go the MOSC route, look out for ROM10 / ROM11 cards on your favourite auction site but MAKE SURE they are unlocked or you'll need to buy a t911 as well which is a big investment for a couple of cards (though if you intend doing more for friends etc. then can be worth it, as you can usually unlock the original card to extract the BK and then reprogram it). You should get unlocked cards for under £10. Then you'll need the appropriate auto update image to write onto the card (available in downloads) and NagraEdit software (again in downloads) to do the writing - just load your image into Nagra, enter your BK and IRD (reversing the IRD e.g. 12 34 56 78 becomes 78 56 34 12) and write to the card.

bammy said:
The best type of programmer is either an infinity or a dynamite - try the unapit website. You want a programmer that supports phoeniox mode.

The numbers written on your box are the IRD (8 digits starting '12') and the BK (16 digits).

MOSC cards are the best choice as they are the genuine article and therefore the most resistant to attack by the CCs - just look at threads in the main forum over the last week to find out why :) If you go the MOSC route, look out for ROM10 / ROM11 cards on your favourite auction site but MAKE SURE they are unlocked or you'll need to buy a t911 as well which is a big investment for a couple of cards (though if you intend doing more for friends etc. then can be worth it, as you can usually unlock the original card to extract the BK and then reprogram it). You should get unlocked cards for under £10. Then you'll need the appropriate auto update image to write onto the card (available in downloads) and NagraEdit software (again in downloads) to do the writing - just load your image into Nagra, enter your BK and IRD (reversing the IRD e.g. 12 34 56 78 becomes 78 56 34 12) and write to the card.

Can you unlock a ROM10/ROM11 without a t911, I thought you could use software such as MROM,BUSTED,CATON for ROM10 and XNCS for ROM11. Or is there different type of ROM10/11 cards with different locks ????????

fazzydale said:
Can you unlock a ROM10/ROM11 without a t911, I thought you could use software such as MROM,BUSTED,CATON for ROM10 and XNCS for ROM11. Or is there different type of ROM10/11 cards with different locks ????????

u can open some 10's,but the 11's are all locked.

How do you tell which ROM10 can be unlocked without the use of a t911 ???

Look at the card rev, either by attempting to read it in Nagra or by checking in the engineers menu on the box. if it's a A82 you will need a t911. you should be able to open earlier revs using busted.

Back