what tools are needed to install the X-clamp??

Stinger007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know what you need to install the x-clamp and a good online place to buy the stuff from

cheers

You dont install the X-Clamp, you remove them.

I can supply the kit, only tools you need are T10 and T7/T8 I forget as I only bought it once lol

i have the washers and stuff got the kit from ebay, just read that you need thermal paste as well. i've read so many diffrent guides on how to do it im lost. could you point me in the way of a good guide

cheers for you help

make sure you get a kit with decent heatsink paste,i tried the xclamp kit and failed but going to get better paste and try again

cheers for the advice, i have a computer shop just down the road so will get some from there.....still looking for a good guide that lists everything you need

kit

cheers for the advice, i have a computer shop just down the road so will get some from there.....still looking for a good guide that lists everything you need

hi mate what you will need to install the new system for replacing the x clamps is
(1) T 8 thats for striping the 360 down so that you can get into the 360`s x clamps
(2) T15 that what i use for replacing the old style screws with the new one`s

thats really it obviously you have to open you 360 up but i think you would know how to ??

or just go here to watch hxxp://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/157303.html

how effective is the x-clamp fix can anyone say is it a certain fix for 3rod as long as it is fitted right i think i may have a guinea pig and may get a kit in just incase seeing as the're only a few quid i dont fancy the chances sending my mates back to m$ due to the liteon drives, thanks.

All you need to know is here.
h**p://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.htm

I found cooking the box for 30 minutes has better results. The stated 15 minutes won't work on all 360's, seems to last a few days to a week.

Woody.

lot of peeps have said cook it but i am not so sure,may warp the board causing more probs or may not

Cook it !!!

any advice on this ie temp do you cover parts

got a 360 thats been sat on side for about 6 months might as well give it a go

mate just buy a xclamp kit of flee bay dfor about a fiver better of or get shot of the box to me ??

forget ebay mate get a pack of m5 10mm machined bolts (they come in packs of 10) and 2 packs of m5 washers (packs of 10 also) also get art*c silver paste, use 1 washer on each bolt on the underside of the board and 2 on the topside of the board, don,t use too much paste just enough to cover gpu+ cpu leave fan unplugged and power up till u get 2 red lights leave for around 2 mins then power down plug fans in and job done

got one here today to mend new console less than 6 months old tried diong it themselves i could have cried at what they had done

thy had removed the cpu heatsink ,not the gpu
and bolted it down tha far they had pulled the cpu through the board the heatsink was flush with the circuit and they had shimmed the die with 2mm aluminium

what a waste of a console could understand me when i said its fooked ,didnt believe they had done anything wrong

l just got as spare 306 of fleebay and the guy said after 45 minutes the rrod started . i opened up and its was so full of dust l couldnt believe it . blowed it out and its fine and a hitachi 47 too . ten minutes and playing backup ... not bad for 45 quid

Back