What to do next !

wburke069

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently purchased a modded di2000 box, which like most other peoples was rendered useless when ntl changed their keys.I am new to all this smartcard stuff but after reading some tuts on this great site I realized that if I purchased a usb programmer I could update the card myself.I puchased a "usb infinity unlimited" and a ATMega 163 card, same as the one in my box and downloaded all relevant files from this site.
Now this is where it starts to go wrong, big surprise !!
I put the original ATMega card in the programmer and made a backup of all the files , flash, internal eep, and external eep.
I opened nagra edit to try and extract the box key but I was getting errors saying the "Data space invalid " I tried different settings but got the same results.
I went back and read some more tuts and realized that my smartcard was locked !
Now I am stumped, I have tried unlocking it but this got me nowhere,
I opened the box in case the boxkey was written inside but there was nothing ,but I did notice that the Ird number inside the box does not match the number on the engineers menu , I think my box is a cloned box.
I contacted the guy I purchased the box from and he is asking for £30 to programme a new card , what a rip off !!
I am now left wondering if I will be able to sort this myself , or just call it a day and demand my money back.
I only got 3 weeks viewing from the box before it broke and for this guy to demand £30 to fix it and the fact that he locked the card to stop people sorting it themselves I am begining to think he is a bit of a crook.
I have also asked for the boxkey as I thought that since I own the box I should own the boxkey.
I would appreciate any advice you can give, thanks

seams you have a 2000 box mate your knacked..............

you need to get the Bokey Number for a start...........

plus if the box is off a trader there is a good chance the box has been cloned..............

Cloned box

Do you think if I submit my ird online that someone else will have the boxkey I need as the box is cloned therefore more than one person will be using the same bk, or have I got it totally wrong !!

no m8..............

the database only has mainly 1000's in it

you will have to read the atty's to get ya boxkey number...........

pm it to me i will look for ya thou.........

but dont hold ya breath............

wburke069 said:
Do you think if I submit my ird online that someone else will have the boxkey I need as the box is cloned therefore more than one person will be using the same bk, or have I got it totally wrong !!

if its a cloned one mate pm the ird to me and where you are from ill see what i can do for you ;)

Back