What time do your kids play out till?

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've got an 8 year old daughter who plays out on the street with her mates. The street is very quite with no through traffic etc. Some of the friends are 7 and regularly stay out till 8:30-9pm. But i always get her in between 7:30 and 8pm which results in a crying session every night, lol

What time do you get your kids in?

im with you m8 i get my kids in for 7.30pm school nights, and let them stay out longer on friday and saturdays.

im with you m8 i get my kids in for 7.30pm school nights, and let them stay out longer on friday and saturdays.

Well my kids are grown now, but 7.30 is late enough for a school night. It's always a battle with kids though. You've just got to stick to what you think is right.

stick to yer guns m8,if you allow her to stay out to 8.30 you'll still get the crying sessions as she'll then want till 9,we were all the same when we were kids lol

Mine's only 6 but he's in at 7pm on a school night, wee bit later at the weekend. You have to set the time mate, make sure she knows it before she goes out but as ronster says we all did it.
Good luck,
HH.

Well i must be a cruel cow then lol cause my oldest is 9 then 6 then 3 and they all come in at 6 for a bath and supper then bed for 7.30- 8pm wether its a weekend or not but they do all watch a film in bed tho to chill themselves out for the evening

8.30 for mine and bed for 9.00 but thats only because my wife works to 8.30 and thats when I collect her.

thebigman

Mine are 10 and 8 and both in for 7.30 latest.
Bed at 8.00 for the youngest and 8.30 for the eldest as they keep talking and stay up till gone 9.00 if they go at the same time lol.
I must be crueler than you skybabe as mine don't even have a tv in their bedrooms lol.
We do sit and watch a film together as a family downstairs though, especially on a Friday with some chocies :)

Curly

my boy is 9 and its between 7 30 and 8 00 in summer and maybe 8 30 at weekend but to be honest id rather him be out playin on his bike or with his football than sitting inside on his playstation

Well i must be a cruel cow then lol cause my oldest is 9 then 6 then 3 and they all come in at 6 for a bath and supper then bed for 7.30- 8pm wether its a weekend or not but they do all watch a film in bed tho to chill themselves out for the evening

snap well sorta i dont have a 3 year old ,but in for 7 and bed half eight at the latest(well unless im left in charge they stay up till they flake then)

ive got a 5 and 6yr old boys and there in bed by 7:30pm most nights allthough most nights they dont actually goto sleep untill 8:30pm - 9pm and on the weekends i might treat them to a movie on my 92" pj which they love and so do i..:p

heehe mine are alot older now 14 and 17 ( im 42 ) and yes when younger i would get them in by about 7. and bath n bed by 8pm too. its hard being the 1st to drag yours in i know. but i think it all wrong when you see some children out till 9 and later . they surely dont get propper sleep when they have school next day, dunno how some do it xx

Kids will always cry. I remember being oputraged with my mum because she would not let me play out until the same time my mates were - past midnight. I was hanging round with a bunch of muppets whose parents were mad so it wasn't surprising, but I really felt the victim of an injustice.

Mine are 6 and 8 and they are both in bed for 8pm latest - however they do not play with kids on the street, we tend to call their friends around straight after school and get them to play in the back garden feed them and send them home for 5 or 6. How do you keep an eye on them in the street. Im not overprotective but there are some stupid people on the streets generally these include some of the kids!!

Have to agree with tricks.

But that all depends where you live. Our street is far to busy, and we have scum around the corner, so unfortunately its frineds/cousins who come round etc.

My daughter plays outside her grans no problem (quiet cul-de-sac).

She's 11 now, and goes to bed at 9pm.

My lad's 11 and he plays out till 8 and bed at 9 same at weekends except bed at 10 to 10.30 if watching a film

How do you guys get your kids to to out and play?!

Mine just want to sit indoors playing consoles and surfing the net, if they leave the house then they are guaranteed to be found in a friends house doing the same thing!

When i was a kid I was allowed out to 10pm :)

My girlfriend's parents put their 7 year old to bed at about 7:30 to 8. Can't say I remember what time I used to go though!

How do you guys get your kids to to out and play?!

Mine just want to sit indoors playing consoles and surfing the net, if they leave the house then they are guaranteed to be found in a friends house doing the same thing!

When i was a kid I was allowed out to 10pm :)

My girlfriend's parents have that sussed! When the weather starts to pick up, they take her little brothers Xbox away and hide it till winter!

Back