What splitter / hub ?

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
Last week i purchased a Panasonic blu-ray player, and was talked into buying a hdmi cable for it for £30, the shop had other cables in for £80 and less, i was told i need the good quality cable or i would lose the picture quality.

The problem ive got is my Pioneer tv has only got 1 HDMI socket, so obviously i am using this for my blu ray player, which means my V+ box is now only on scart.

i looked on ebay for splitters and hubs and saw quite a few HDMI swith hubs, quite cheap as well ( around £20 ).

Are these switch/hubs/splitters a waste of money ?
Would i lose the picture quality having one of these ?

any help will be appreciated.

I prefer using a scart from my V box to the TV as it gives a better picture. I'd try both connections and flick between the HDMI and SCART connection, I think the Scart may be better. YMMV.

Ultimately it depends on the how well the scaler inside of your TV handles each signal and as its a Pioneer, it probably does a grand job of both.

If you can I would return the HDMI cable, a £5 cable would do the same job.

Any of the cheapo jobs on ebay will do the trick mate if you do decide to buy a splitter. See if there are any Octava splitters around. If you can pick one up for £30 or under I'd grab it.

you could also consider using the component out of your v+ as it will deliver HD that way - switcher boxes are usually a pain in the ass

Back