what size tv should i get

unnamed1975

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am after a new tv i hae found a 46" sony tv but there is a month waiting list or i can order a 40" sony tv which i can have a day later the 46" is about £361 more the specs of the tv are both the same but the size.

Cheers

If you prefer the 46" can you not try and get it from somewhere else? Get the spec and details and look for it online?

£361 is a fair bit higher i suppose but whats the point in rushing it if your like me you will only curse it 3 months up the line wishing you had bought the bigger.... I Had a 50" downgraded to 42 and have to say miss it... we had a 32 sammy in the bedroom and i was toying with going for 37/40 but realistically it would be too big if its a large room id say go for the 46 if its quite not too big 40 will be more than big enough..

thanks i dout i will get the tv cheaper as i am getting a trade price

Last edited:
Get the larger size, you will only regret it afterwards. My living room is around 15'x10' and I got a 50" screen. Upgrading from a 32" CRT it looked huge at first but quickly got used to it in a couple of days. Now I am 100% glad that I went for something that size.

Its the viewing distance that matters not the size of the room, ok its 15' long but you sit like 5' from tv 46" would look wrong.

Its the viewing distance that matters not the size of the room, ok its 15' long but you sit like 5' from tv 46" would look wrong.

I sit 5' or so sometimes and TBH as long as I am using a good quality source then the experiance is even better. But then that is my preference.

As with all things related to TV's, I would 100% recommend trying it out for yourself if possible. Some people like LCD, others like plasma. Some people are OK with upscaled SD, others not so much. I got my screen set up in a certain way, other people come round and mention that theirs is set up differently. I know my dad has his setup differently.

Just varies from person to person.

in my opinion if your buying a tv then anything over a 40" has to be plasma and anything else then LCD

we got a 42 inch plasma...i soooo wish i got the 50 !!! ffs
get bigger..and NO LCD above 40 !!! too pixelly

looks big at first , but when u get used to it u will be like
"im sure a biiger tv will fit there !"

Back