What sat nav?

edcase

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need to get my girlfriend a sat nav for her new job because she keeps getting lost, only problem is that I know feck all about them.
Can anybody recommend a good one (without it being overly expensive if possible), or let me know the pros and cons of the various makes.

Cheers,

edcase

I need to get my girlfriend a sat nav for her new job because she keeps getting lost, only problem is that I know feck all about them.
Can anybody recommend a good one (without it being overly expensive if possible), or let me know the pros and cons of the various makes.

Cheers,

edcase
go for the tomtom one it is cheap and easy to update or add speed cameras voices etc etc

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&langId=-1&productId=260869&p1=38270&p2=31284

TomTom ONE Explore
Online Price: £119.99
Voucher Price: £107.99
Voucher Code: HALTTEXP
Make a note of the above promotion code then click through to view the product and begin your discounted purchase

Last edited:
Most lorry drivers go for TomTom. Not the cheapest but certainly easy to use.

It is easily updatable and with a cheap upgrade it will be able to show u where traffic jams are and route u round it.

Also has great options for POI's (Points of interest). If u need to find the nearest supermarket for example u can download and install with ease.

Go for the navigo posted in the bargain room and stick on the tomtom maps and crack files. Works exactly as tomtom and does a bit more also works out about half the cost.

Go for the navigo posted in the bargain room and stick on the tomtom maps and crack files. Works exactly as tomtom and does a bit more also works out about half the cost.
but u can only have the pda version of tomtom on it

Cheers for the replys, the navigo seems like a real bargain! However I have just stumbled upon my next problem - there is no cigarette lighter in the car.

I have had a look to see if I could see the wires behind the hole but no joy. I guess they will be there but folded back on itself and cable tied up somewhere behind the dash - no way im taking that out.

Only wires I can easily get access to is the ISO adapter for power to the stereo - that must have a 12v switched live - just not sure how safe it will be to splice into that.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know..

edcase

Back