What is the easiest way to make a webpage?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of making a webpage, but not sure how to do it?

I am going to create an online Heavy Metal magazine. With a some music, videos, interviews etc.

I might just use MySpace if it's easier.

Hi Earwig,

It really depends on what you want to get out of it and how advanced you want to be at it.

I started by using Macromedia's Studio 8 (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks & Cold Fusion) as dreamweaver has a few templates to get you started. you can remove the default pictures and text with your own and move them about etc etc. Before you know it, you have a index page (Homepage). By that time you will see how to add a contact (mailto) command and links to other pages (About us, picture gallery).

I would recommend "Studio 8 for dummies" book. Don't let the title put you off, it's actually quite in depth on how to use the whole suite, including flash and fireworks.

You can do a myspace, but I feel it's very limited. Bite the bullet and get stuck into some web design. You should enjoy it. More self satisfaction by building your own?

I'm totally crap at building websites but i find frontpage the easiest thing to use...
also if i like something on some on another website a use view source and blag the bit of HTML i want (i know this is bad but its is defo the quickest way to do it)

hope this helps
Mubz

Forgot to add. I use an Apple Mac! : shocked2

Also if I am going to add video I would need a fair amount of web space.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Mac!!! aaaaah, you're screwed then.... lol

:doh:

Macromedia Studio 8 should be available for MAC?

You can be really clever and add you MP3 files to your webpage from other file storage sites. Just generate an html tag to link it to the other source? Flash players are also available to play your MP3's.

You can do this with images etc etc, saves a lot of space on your host webserver, all your really uploading is text, no photo's or MP3 files. It's all written in the code?

Macromedia Studio 8 should be available for MAC?

You can be really clever and add you MP3 files to your webpage from other file storage sites. Just generate an html tag to link it to the other source? Flash players are also available to play your MP3's.

You can do this with images etc etc, saves a lot of space on your host webserver, all your really uploading is text, no photo's or MP3 files. It's all written in the code?

I found a Mac version of it. Cool thanks will take a look.

I've just uploaded a pdf (Rarred) of "Dreamweaver MX Crash course" in DW downloads - MISC.

It's more or less the same as 8 and will let you see what you need and what's going to be involved. Don't think it will be too much different for MAC?

Back