What is the best dish make to get?

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I was looking at getting either an 80cm or 90cm dish. I don't really want a 1 meter dish.
What is the best make to go for and would a Triax 88cm really mean that I would not be able to pick up the signals that are recommended for a 90cm dish?
I know the lnb is crucial so a low one is better for picking up the signal off the dish etc.

Thanks for your opinions on this grealty appreciated.

At that size probably the fracarro penta or gibertini 85cm dishes. For lnb go with the smart titanium 3rd edition.

i have had a 88cm. Triax for over 6 years,its.very well made with no sign of any problems,in some posts i have seen in the past its performance has been compared to some cheaper 1.mtr.dishes.

I reckon you guys are putting too much importance on the dish.

I've always bought the cheapest I can find and I've never had any signal issues.

I reckon you guys are putting too much importance on the dish.

I've always bought the cheapest I can find and I've never had any signal issues.
I agree.
These small sizes just aren't relevant for performance. Size gives the best gain, no doubt, but its really no practical difference with a few cm either way. Fracarro & gibertini offer best quality, strength and best signal efficiency but it really dont make any difference. Although larger dishes maybe so, but these usual sizes 80cm~1.1m really aren't big enough to worry about.

This question has ben askd a zillion times and its still a good question to ask and answer.
if your the south of england and you dont need nilesat but require the rest then a triax 1.1
with a good lnb and some lnbs are better than others also if its on a diseq mount then again the dish and the perameters of the dish are only as good as your peaked signals on all your satellite.... if your up here with us in the north and you have high winds etc then same again the triax 1.1 or a triaxx 88 is a good dish that gets most satellites or channels reqd for most viewing and depends again how you are decrypting or products you have to view encrypted channels ..ie if your depending on say fta feeds then a large dish may be required as some satellites like 12.5 w and some 16e channels incl 26 east fta channels that are good for footie,,,bets of luck and remember dishes are cheap in comoarison to what they were 15 years ago so now adays its easy to replace a dish
and sell the old one,, good luck and take care geo

Back