What is PAT?

looks like it is stuck in an update mate try pulling red jumper to reset

a postman lol

PAT is part of a download the box makes when updating

Last edited:
Programme Association Table = PAT

usually only seen during an update proceedure.

should be ok matey what box is it ??

zeedy2k said:
Pace DI4001

pull the jumper mate.
if that doesn't sort it you may need to replace the cim module.

zeedy2k said:
it still appears to be coming up PAT, whats the cim module your talking bout m8?

the cable screws to it. it is a component inside the box that connects the cable to the 2 tuners. it can cause the PAT problem i have had it a few times in the past. If you have a second box then swap them over and let the box take the update then swap them back again. it often works!!!

the Talkback is cut inside the CIM module so refer to the talkback sticky at the top of cable section for removal and refitting.

TWOBEERCANS said:
the cable screws to it. it is a component inside the box that connects the cable to the 2 tuners. it can cause the PAT problem i have had it a few times in the past. If you have a second box then swap them over and let the box take the update then swap them back again. it often works!!!

the Talkback is cut inside the CIM module so refer to the talkback sticky at the top of cable section for removal and refitting.
will try that as I have a spare box... cheers m8

Re PAT

zeedy2k said:
will try that as I have a spare box... cheers m8
well if your box has scrolled through a load of numbers where channel numbers would normally be displayed ie 0000 & up t0 9999, then sits in NIT and alternates to PAT..suggest you leave it alone and just let it up date..Had same prob after 5/10 mins resorts to normal..and box ok..Have found this normally happens if you plug box into say another household,ie your mates for testing purposes. if you then plug back in to yours you will get the same response,,,let it update..may help

been trying to update now for a few hours... it goes like this:

NTL -> TUNE -> PAT -> REBOOT and BACK to NTL....

may sound like a stupid question, but does power need to be put through the box when the red jumper is off??? I had it unplugged...

zeedy2k said:
been trying to update now for a few hours... it goes like this:

NTL -> TUNE -> PAT -> REBOOT and BACK to NTL....

may sound like a stupid question, but does power need to be put through the box when the red jumper is off??? I had it unplugged...

turn box off pull red jumper leave for a min you did put it back before you rebooted box ?

Back