What is happening to cable, is there a future???

a_kerr

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been happy with my DBox for some time. I got it up and running some time ago with the help of the good people on here, and I have tried to put a little back through donations and hopefully some helpfull posts. It didn't take long before friends and family were on my case to sort them out as well, which I duly did.

The trouble now is that i'm working away from home all this week, and my phone is ringing off the hook due to recent cable changes. Everyone I know has lost their pictures (they all have the Zogre image, in N*L Glasgow area - it never gave any trouble before now).

I've been trying to get to the bottom of what exactly is happening, but after a couple of hours searching i'm still not sure (and the hotel internet rates im paying are horrendous!).

So far, as I understand it, practically all of the standard Pace boxes/cards are now off, as well as a certain percentage of DBox's (depending on the image used). Can anyone explain in simple terms what has happened here (e.g. is it to do with the autoroll key function?). Why do some images work and not others? What are the chances of other images going defuct in the near future? Can anyone suggest what image I should try next for my area?

I was in the process of buying a few more DBox's for friends/family for XMas. What is the general opinion, is this a bad idea, are we going to lose free cable altogether in the near future?

Thanks in advance for all those who take the time to reply......

Cheers.

I am also in two minds whether or not to get one of these, will monitor this thread.

Its just evocamd they are hitting and only old versions at that, best bet is to reflash with an image which uses newcamd, both liam and gav have done one (in downloads on here) as for the future nobody knows for sure, i think the cc dont seem to like us getting free stuff off them ( strange i know, ) so i would think they are going to keep trying to shut us down, hopefully we can stay one step ahead of them lol

Boxcracker still works if you change the evocam
I have tried to upload the fix but .rar are now classed as invalid and maximum size of 39.1kb for zip files
This fix was for zgore images but works 100% on my daughters boxcracker.
I can upload a working 2x boxcracker but at 39.1kb per part there are going to be a lot of parts :)
I don't mind emailing it if anyone wants it then pm me.

have fun.

The cable scene IS dieing... but theres still a long way to go yet :) Dont worry yourself too much about it :) DBOXs are definately safe for now ;)

liamcrayden said:
The cable scene IS dieing... but theres still a long way to go yet :) Dont worry yourself too much about it :) DBOXs are definately safe for now ;)

i second that aswell no worrys for a while anyway people

Well guys.. i've got a box here running a next gen image which uses newcamd and it has gone off 2 nights ago. tried to reflash it with gavs sportster which is still working and it just wont do it, doesn't seem to be making a connection even though it says flashing on the lcd screen. I dont understand. any help people?

liamcrayden said:

i third that ;)

i dont know where you got that next gen as i only posted it yesterday m8 so cant be mine

cheers

Thanks for that, would be nice at £70, but at least I have a ball park figure to work with :)

there is/was one on ebay.de for 50euros (buy it now) .. thats a bargain ;) shipping cost is 17euros to uk from de, must ebayer are happy to send over as long as u pay. just getting the money to them if you dont have an account can be a bit annoying as no one uses paypal in .de ...

Last edited:
hi i use a guy who charges about £75 but he has just informed me he will be adding an extra £10 because of the demand

Last edited:
Back