What is everyone into at the moment.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am just in the process of putting in a small media/cinema room in my living room.
I wired it about 10 years ago; the problem with doing that back then is the cable I used was cat5 and the hdmi just came out(ish) and none of the cables I left in are the right standard lol so i need to chase my ceilings anyway (WIFE NOT HAPPY LOL).

But what you got lined up for DIY projects or holidays etc.

Mick

Hi Mick!!

First of all long time no speak matey. Hows things? Been a very long time since I logged on and the forum is looking a lot more modernised.

I recently did exactly what you are planning.
My entertainments room is rectangular in size so I had two long sofa on each of the longer sides of the room. end of the room had a "small" 50 inch Hisense TV and the other side had a 120" screen projected into it. After a while i thought it looked stupid! lol

So i decided to sell the sofas and get a one of those U shaped sofas on one side of the room. Wires the projector to the entertainment rack on the other side of the room using CAT6 to HDMI. Was a bitch of a job. One wall has the 50" screen now. The same wall has a smaller 90" projector coming down. Have the projector screen mounted about 3 inches forward so it clears the tv on the wall.
To top it off, got a 4ft6 Pool table in the middle as well! lol

Next project is getting the heating sorted into 3 zones so watch this space.

PS: Will nice to see some old faces on the forum still here!

Hi Mick!!

PS: Will nice to see some old faces on the forum still here!

Still allot of faces on :)

Good to see you too mate.

I bought a REACT 3 screen (104") recessed so allot of measuring up to do.

But we have a fancy dress 40th this weekend so I will get it going next weekend lol. I Might measure something a little cross eyes.

Going for a 4K atmos setup. we are cedia members so we get everything trade anyways. but it going to cost a bit lol.

Mick

Decorating the kitchen this week and a few other housey bits n bobs as im off on holiday.

At the moment I am enjoying my new fish tank and some great fish. Who needs a tv. 👍😉

Back