K

koss

Hi
As I posted yesterday I'm a newbie and I have scanned over 200 Channels
but can only get pics and sound for BBC1 and so on
some Channels the title comes up with waiting for EPG before the title fades
Can anyone help
Cheers

EPG is just the programme guide that tells you whats on; the now & next bar etc. If you get "waiting for EPG" and only a few channels then it usually indicates a poor signal. You might also need to change your image to one that has a working camd.

need a few details

make of box
software your flashing the box with (sportster, next gen etc)
and the area you live in, i.e birmingham, london etc.

epg means electronic program guide, its the thing where you can see whats on tv now and next.

Hi Its sportster uk 05 I stay in Glasgow
Is the Image the sign that comes up when I start the D box If it is
Then it's a blue screen with sportster and a big S

In that case it is a sportster image, but there are quite a lot of different versions of sportster and it could be an old one, you are better off re-flashing you box with a later image ie. gavs or liams latest as they both are the best pic quality and very good for scannig.
There is a tut on how to flash in the downloads

koss what cc you t****pest or n**?let me know i can point you in the right direction for service files and bouquetts for your area

I found this old thread while searching.

I've a Sagem 2x with Gav's Pacino image flashed, and whilst the scanning, picture quality and general stability is excellent, I do seem to lose the EPG on all channels after a while. A simple reboot sorts everything out.

Is this a common problem with the image, or just one of these things?

My signal levels are excellent. BER - usually 0 (may go up to 20-50), SNR - right on the money at around 64,000, and Signal strength steady at around 24,000.

Croc

Back