What is cardsharing?

Yes you would need to pretty much trust the person who gives you such lines/exchanges lines with you

Your best bet its to google it, as I dont think it would be allowed for members to go in depth when talking about c/s

I have heard a few things about nlines has anyone else and do you have any tips on how to set them up? I have heard you need to trust the person that you will do this as it gives them much more access to your share but thats about as much i have been able to find out so far.

with an F/C line setup.. ur basically creating lets say users who get certain rights and access

using an N line would more or less be like giving them the admin password to ur pc and letting them do what they want

Fair enough. I had the thought that a cline was used with CCCAM, N line was used with newcamd etc..., but maybe not

Ive got a KV any way at the moment

Hi everyone,

as im a newbie, i was wondering if someone can guide me to what type of box should i buy to start CS project...(which is easy to setup and popular)

I have read all of this thread, so now like to begin with learning...

Cheers

Roc

great info....clued right up now with cs as i have only ever used cable......and sat is totally alien to me......:Clap:

don't forget that you can buy real sat cards off f/bay and you don't need hide when there is a knock on the door:grab:

Great thread and also very helpful peeps

i just want to to know what equipment i need to start the ball rolling

if i start with the host (My Brother who pays an extortionate sub at his house) i will require a HD linux box (can someone please advise what would be easiet to use/configure) i have seen a new dm500s clone for £50 with 12 months warranty, seems pritty good value but not sure how easy it would be to use
i have a basic pc with rs232 port and network connection and i believe my existing router would be sufficiant (its a standard subbed router)

next the client (Me) different house 2 setup rooms, so dm500s clone in one room (can someone please advise what would be easiet to use/configure) again had a price for £50

now there is no feed to the other room where i am thinking about a dm800hd clone for £155 with 12 months warranty, ive searched the forum and found i require a splitter for this, i believe its a Quad LNB and wf100 or ct100 cable??? if not what splitter do i require?

lastly a totally beginner question but can i use 2 linux boxes on 1 sattelite dish? my brother pays extra with his sub to watch in a different room but uses the same dish.

dont know if this question is allowed (plese delete if needed) if i wanted 1 linux box at my house is there a way of just taking and using 1 of his cards?

lastly have a subbed internet router which will be feedin the ehernet cables to the linix boxes

is there any equipment i have missed out?

any advise would be much appreciated

regards

Last edited:
now there is no feed to the other room where i am thinking about a dm800hd clone, ive searched the forum and found i require a splitter for this what splitter do i require?

I don't think you can use a splitter, you need a direct feed to the dish and a spare connecter on the lnb.

Apart from that, seems about right.

I don't think you can use a splitter, you need a direct feed to the dish and a spare connecter on the lnb.

Apart from that, seems about right.

just noticed i have an analogue feed wire from the analogue sattelite which has been out of use for quite a few years. can i conect this wire to my current digital dish for use of a second direct feed??

now its gets trippy

as originaly stated i said i would be using a dm500s for the host machine which is located as a milti room option, this does not have hd channels, its a standard box

if i go ahead with this would i recieve hd channels with my dm800hd at my house?

im thinking the card is paired with the standard box is not hd enabled or is it?

is it a case of taking it out and trying it in the hd box?

thanks in advane for your replys

No if you use a standard card that's the channels you will get

No if you use a standard card that's the channels you will get

How about a hd card in the host box dm500s which is not hd compatible , i assume the host will not be able to recieve hd channels but will the client if he has a dm800 hd clone?

just noticed i have an analogue feed wire from the analogue sattelite which has been out of use for quite a few years. can i conect this wire to my current digital dish for use of a second direct feed??

You have to be carefull here as I have an anologue dish and its pointing in the wrong direction as digital is now used, so that old dish will have to be realigned if it is to be used

How about a hd card in the host box dm500s which is not hd compatible , i assume the host will not be able to recieve hd channels but will the client if he has a dm800 hd clone?
It really shouldn't be so difficult. Whatever the card allows viewing of will be able to open or 'clear'. Whatever the box capabilities are limited to will be its limit.

A HD sub card means the HD channels will clear, any box that can read the card will do ~dm500s or dm500c or whatever you want. The dm500s or dm500c wont be able to display satellite HD channels, but a networked dm800 or a dm500HD will be able to etc.

It really shouldn't be so difficult. Whatever the card allows viewing of will be able to open or 'clear'. Whatever the box capabilities are limited to will be its limit.

A HD sub card means the HD channels will clear, any box that can read the card will do ~dm500s or dm500c or whatever you want. The dm500s or dm500c wont be able to display satellite HD channels, but a networked dm800 or a dm500HD will be able to etc.

cheers mate you just save me an extra £100 :Wave:

Hi There

Are there are posts or guides for an absolute newbie to dreambox and card sharing?

I have absolutely no experience but would like to try it and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also any info on "pay servers" would be great.

Many Thanks

Fair play Pink, that's stopped about 20 posts from me in my tracks as I try to pick up satellite from my old cable days!

hi
===================== orf hd comeplete and sky germany on hope 2 comeplete.

=====================================================
=================== hd or on hop1 because of cricket world cup.

Sorr if i am posting on wrong place,
nikuuuuu

Last edited by a moderator:
Back