iPhone What is better than an iPhone?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
As much as I love the iPhone (especially Angry Birds, the best value for money game I've ever played) I can't help but think there must be something better out there and probably costing considerably less.

What phones are in direct competition with the Jailbroken iPhone?

Last edited:
I dont play games usually but I must say I did play angry birds when on holiday, Mrs Jaffa had it on her phone and we took turns getting past the levels.

What is better than an iphone...I am sure HTC owners will say that is better but i am really happy with my iphone and dont really care if anything is better.

Angry birds is on the n900 too.

If you like linux, and hacking, the n900 is great. Support is continuing to grow opengl PC ports, emulation, etc.

The problem is you are not asking what is better than an iphone. You are asking what's better than a jailbroken iphone.

The iphone has the mainstream support in it favour.

Angry birds is on the n900 too.

If you like linux, and hacking, the n900 is great. Support is continuing to grow opengl PC ports, emulation, etc.

The problem is you are not asking what is better than an iphone. You are asking what's better than a jailbroken iphone.

The iphone has the mainstream support in it favour.

Hit the nail on the head there mozr, if it was jailbroken I wouldn't have it.

i must admit i love the iphone,
the new tomtom is class with the google search in it.
and plants v zombies lol

This n900 sounds interesting.

One simply must investigate further.

Hit the nail on the head there mozr, if it was jailbroken I wouldn't have it.

Dont get to do this very often but don't you mean if it wasn't jail broken you wouldn't have it lol.

That N900 is a wet dream!

AFAICS, it's a fully functional mini Linux computer that makes phone calls.

Fook yer iPhone, I can play Angry Birds on the N900.

lol

I am currently digging this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zoxx2hnIK0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zoxx2hnIK0[/ame]

:EDIT: Why isn't embedding working?

Last edited:
You got one Stu?

I've just had a brain wave, if Angry Birds is available on the N900, then that means there is a Linux build.....hmm.

Is it available on standard Linux desktops?

lol @ the key found by Aircrack.

Yes.

I love it.

Firefox, gpodder, FTP client, VNC, PC game ports, excellent divx/xvid compatibility. It's my 6th appendage (I have an extra arm).

i had iphone for 2 week , hated it ...
in fact i hate any touch screen phones now , they so slow to use .
loads of fones better than iphone (chav phone )
newer htc ...and RIM operating system is best out there .
i hated berrys , until spendin 2 week with one ...i would never ever go back to anythin else
end of day its personal choice

Yes.

I love it.

Firefox, gpodder, FTP client, VNC, PC game ports, excellent divx/xvid compatibility. It's my 6th appendage (I have an extra arm).

wanting to buy a n900, recommend any good site to read about hacking it?

iPhone 4 will be the dogs nuts apple hardware is better then the rest even if android is the better OS!

Most iPhone apps are available on the android platfrom.

Personally i prefer the iPhone and now the iPhone 4 has really blown away the HTC desire which was the biggest rival to the iPhone.

The advantage HTC have is they release phones continously over the year not once every year. Considering that apple deserve credit.

However the biggest problem is the price with apple.

Your alternatives to an iPhone would be:

HTC desire
N900 (one ugly thing lol)
Xperia X10 (has a great spec and runs android os)
HTC wildifire (a smaller version of the Desire really)

Back