What have i got?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought a 9 month old 360 for a ton, all boxed with 5 games. its got a headset, HDD and a HDMI socket on the back. when i first turned it on it signing into live, then appeared to be signed in, yet there was nothing connected at all. does this model have built in wireless? is this the elite model?

i have a 5M HDMI lead so if this has got built in wireless itll mean i can put it the other side of the room from all my other tv junk and only have to run one lead, but i always thought they either needed a cabled connection, or an additional unit to connect

No 360 has wireless built in mate.

If its:

Black, silver drive bezel, 120GB Hard Drive - its an Elite

White, silver eject button / drive bezel + 20GB hard drive, its a premium

White, with white eject button/ drive bezel - its a core/arcade with HD added later.

I think you are being confused with a profile (that has a Live subscription) signing in, this does not mean into Live, just as a profile

It needs to be:

a) Hard wired via ethernet

b) Have a wireless USB adapter in the back of the console

Otherwise, you cannot connect to Live.

cheers for that m8, looks like its a premium with HDMI socket then.

i also have another premium 360 here that i managed to blag as it was RROD and had it repaired, could i transfer the HDD off that one to the HDMI one and my game saves etc will then be on the new console?

looks like ill be running ANOTHER cat5 cable this weekend lol, more wires in this house than in PC world lol

The hard drive can be used on any 360 mate.

The saves remain on the Hard drive, irrelevant of what console you attach it to.

Back