What Happened To/Where Have They Gone ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
what dont you see a lot of these days ?
animal,insect birds etc ...what got me thinking is,the other day I thought to myself where are the butterflys this year ? where I live I got farmers firlds and open fields to the back and side of me and we just havent seen many butterflys this year

blue bottles (flys)
earwigs
butterflys
song thrush
skylark

to name a few

be intresting to see as we all live in different areas :)

what dont you see a lot of these days ?
animal,insect birds etc ...what got me thinking is,the other day I thought to myself where are the butterflys this year ? where I live I got farmers firlds and open fields to the back and side of me and we just havent seen many butterflys this year

blue bottles (flys)
earwigs
butterflys
song thrush
skylark

to name a few

They've all come down here to Devon.

be intresting to see as we all live in different areas :)

They've all come down here to Devon.

Earwigs....creepy looking bleeders, This year i don't think i've seen a single Wasp and only a few Bee's around.

but haven't you noticed a decrease in any wildlife if not this year from when you was a child to now ?

when I was a kid I was into keeping birds and knew all the British birds
but like I said the skylark and song/mistle thrush's are non existent these days :(

I can't say that I see any less wildlife than I ever did - loads of skylarks around here.

The only things I don't see so much of are frogs and newts - but other friends tell me they do see them, so it might be I'm not looking in the right places.

I think your right there hamba
maybe people just dont notice like I do lol

I sometimes work at a well known Aero Engine manufacturer in Hucknall Notts, theres an area covered in teasels and thistles and theres literally 100's of Goldfinches twitterin away, I can sit there for ages watchin them. True about the Skylarks dont see many nowdays, when we where kids we'd hide in the hedgerows of fields and watch them land in the tall grass and count how many paces it was to the nest from a reference point so we could watch them hatch, fledge an then leave the nest.

The old cabbage white butterfly used to be everywhere, now rearly seen but one bird i have noticed in my back garden last couple of years and ive never seen so many all year round is the Robin.
Both neigbours either side of me of big pools of Koi carp and the park is at back of garden so we used to get a lot of Frogs around not now though we are now getting Heron's.
Tell you what they put the sh!ts up you when you go out side at nite for a last fag and they take off with them huge wings lol

I sometimes work at a well known Aero Engine manufacturer in Hucknall Notts, theres an area covered in teasels and thistles and theres literally 100's of Goldfinches twitterin away, I can sit there for ages watchin them. True about the Skylarks dont see many nowdays, when we where kids we'd hide in the hedgerows of fields and watch them land in the tall grass and count how many paces it was to the nest from a reference point so we could watch them hatch, fledge an then leave the nest.

:) Im not alone then lol
goldfinch's are beautiful birds well a British Finch's are beautiful

A Skylark's song to me brings back memories of hot summer days when I was a kid (happy days).

I also remember one of our holidays in Newquay back in the '70's, the whole place was overrun by Ladybirds...I mean absolute swarms of the little blighters.

I hardly see any of them nowadays.

Oh...also white dog poo.

You never see white dog poo anymore.

Some of the poorer families used to wait until it dried out, and them use it to draw on the pavement (only JK) :)

I believe it was due to the high amount of calcium the put in dog food.

I remember a lad at junior shcool had a white pap, it was left there for days for us all to go check out :)

There's also one less sparrow around today as the little fooker decided to try an go through the spokes of my motorbike whilst I was travelling at the legal limit for that road.

Well ...there cant beeeee lots of honey as I have not seen many bees and I get the birds singing in my garden....I get opera in mine ....b****y seagulls early in the mornin....snails are common here....thats sunny kent well not at the mo its been raining cats n dogs.

Theres plenty of rabbits still about, seen quite a few when travelling home from nights, had to avoid one or two aswell lol

Back