What Happened To/Where Have They Gone ?

My labrador ate all the blue bottles lol hes great at chatchin them!!

used to see thousands of sparrows when i was a kid but it just seems to be all starlings these days for some reason

I used to see loads of Stag Beetles. Big beautiful insects.
It's years since I've seen one, even though I'm now living in a country town. Also Dragon Flies, masters of aerial stunts, arhh the good old days ehh?

Never seen a Kingfisher, maybe I should get out this weekend and see if I can find one.

If you want to see bees, get yourself some cotoneaster bushes. We've got a couple and the bees love them. Seemed to be as many as usual this year.

Everythings been eaten by horrible ugly evil pigeons :(

Havent seen any ladybirds in ages... or foxes, we used to have a family of foxes in our garden when I was growing up havent seen them in years...

Can't say I'd miss earwigs :p

House I lived in years ago was infested with them one summer! Was bloody awful! Everywhere you look you'd see one. Found them crawling on me more than once. One was hanging off me with its pinchers!

not heard of adders in a long time, are they not the uk's only indigenousness poisonous snake?

Havn't seen many butterflys this year, previous years we had the pond covered in watercress and the butterflys loved it but this yeasr kept it cut back so no butterflys :(

Seen plenty of bee's not many wasps though.

There maybe less frogs because there is a fungus killing them all off in Australia which has been found over here http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/press/releases2008/140208.htm

Don't get to many birds in the garden having a cat and a dog but I have seen plenty of magpies this year when walking the dog.

not heard of adders in a long time, are they not the uk's only indigenousness poisonous snake?
yes they are, also known as vipers I think.

I grew up in the south west of engladn in the country side and they were not an uncommon sight during the summer months.

I got toads in my garden which is pretty cool but thanks to ellie I now need to figure out if there is any of this fungus around that could kill them. This should be fun to do with the kids.

If people are missing on summer insects come live close to Epping Forest and you'll be right at home.

What I don't see now are House Sparrows, Linnets, Skylarks, Bees, Wasps, all I do see now are Magpies all over the estate.

big fat hairy caterpillars used to be loads when I was a kid in the 70's very rarely see a Caterpillar let alone the big hairy ones

Dead baby pigeons ? Where ae they these days ? You never see a dead baby pigeon, maybe they go to the same place all the odd socks go to from the washing machine. neither are ever seen again :) lol

big fat hairy caterpillars used to be loads when I was a kid in the 70's very rarely see a Caterpillar let alone the big hairy ones

I used to love playing with them when I was a kid. Haven't seen one in donkey's years.

Dead baby pigeons ? Where ae they these days ? You never see a dead baby pigeon, maybe they go to the same place all the odd socks go to from the washing machine. neither are ever seen again :) lol

Odd socks! Now there's a topic for the RANT room.

Back