What do you wear to a Christening these days?

v14

Banned
Reaction score
this sounds daft I know but I've a christening coming up in a few weeks and haven't a fookin clue what's appropriate attire for these occasions.
Last time I was at one it was suit and tie but that was 1990 something lol.

i'm not thinking of turnin up in a tea shirt and jeans but i think maybe smart casual, but the Mrs says it's suit and tie or she's not going lol.

what do you guys think?

and dont take the piss

Whistle and flute m8, thats what I would wear and my missus would also insist on it...but as I am a big thick paddy I would dismiss her but do as she says...:proud:

I was at one a few weeks ago, I wore a suit.

Most other people had suits on aswell, but a few were casual and didn't look out of place.

nuff said guys ;)

thats good enough for me

cheers

ld wear this because lm a priest

The_Priest.jpg

your easily swayed pal....maybe we should have said drainpipe jeans, Doc Martins and a tie....:proud:

nah m8 that's what I wear to weddings and funerals.
I just thought I'd take the sensible answer before the stupidity started :)

i'd leave the tie out, what about dark blue suit, lighter blue shirt?

that's what i was thinking m8 ..fookin hate wearin a tie.
i've got three suits which now are a bit big on me so the Mrs says she'll get me a new one up to £250.

now i'm thinking I could probably put on about a stone and a half in 4 weeks and put the £250 towards one of these mothers.

does anyone have an old Slaters Menswear bag?

yes a christening is a more of a family/friends event, you should feel comfortable. If it was someone special to me i would hire a nice suit, have a cracking pair of prada shoes. blue on blue never fails, maybe blue and white?

no moss bros where you are?

Our Brother-in-law wore a Slayer t-shirt and black jeans. The shirt said "God Hates Us All"!

Be he was comfortable in that and we all know he hates wearing suits as that is just not who he is. Oh and his hair is about 3 ft long too, but he did brush it!

I was godfather at a christening a couple of weeks ago and the dress code was smart casual.
I wore black pants and a smart white shirt, but no tie.
There were a few in suits and I'd have wore mine if everyone else was.
Just wear what you feel comfortable in m8.

Curly

al gee ye a lend ae last seasons well top mate ye canny go far wrong wie that

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back