What do you think of more4

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm enjoying it. I'm particularly enjoying The Sopranos - didn't ever get around to watching it when it was on before.

I was a bit annoyed about The West Wing: having not had E4 when they showed series 5. I hadn't realised that it would be series 6 they would be showing.

Still all in all there seems to be some good stuff on offer.

:) :) :)

I think its very sad that its only available to the privelidged. Its audience figures have been very low peaking at around 500,000 so i hope it flops and shuts down, just my personal opinion, no offence to anyone here. Commercial advertisers should go talk with itv4 or Sky3 and get a better deal with more viewers within 2 weeks.

......by the way Hamba i'm not trying to change your views, perhaps it would be good for you to make a post of why freeview is a good choice for digital tv, as apposed to satellite or basic analogue or cable etc. It is good that you put forward the other side of the arguement so please dont take my comments the wrong way.

pinkhelmets said:
I think its very sad that its only available to the privelidged.
You don't have to be priveleged to get Freeview, or am I missing something here.

:confused: :confused:

I Have Not Bothered To Watch It, in protest of the way it has become part of the sly subscription package. In the run up to the launch of more4 we were led to beleve that it would be freeview/ free to view on all platforms.:(

I must admit i hadn't looked at this situation from pinkhelmets point of view, i am doing what i do because of the way that things have been done, i have also sent an e-mail asking why this channel should be any different to the other channels that Four show, that are free to view on sky and why they mislead people, (No reply so far) that just makes me feel a little better but will not make any change to what is happening, but putting this aside, This situation is going to get mutch worse once the analog switch off starts, There are a lot of people that will not be able to receive freeview in fringe area's, it's the same with cable as the cable companies have taken the easy option to get subscriptions and only installed the cable system in the town cenrtres and surrounding area's, this also means that some people who where quiet happy with just there analog system are also very soon going to have only one option, have a sky system installed and buy a freeview card if you don't want to subscribe, oops, and still no MORE4, sorry you will just have to subscribe, lots of bucks going to someone, and so yes eventuly a lot more people are going to have to pay for the privilage to view all channels.:mad:

And for all you people who can't receive freeveiw because you live in a fringe area, and can't get cable because it's not been installed in your area, or can't get sky because of line of sight problems, but could receive analog tv transmitions ,I guess it will be time for you to get your radio's out. lol:stickout:

pinkhelmets said:
Yes you do m8, you have to live in an area that has coverage, which many still dont.
Hope that clarifies. :)

I see what you mean.

:) :) :)

Back