what dish to use with Dreambox?

haZZard

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all..

I am a DM500C user and my box works fine, but a friend of mine asked me to look into the DM500S for him, as he does not have cable where he lives.. and wants to know can you use any dish (like the ones in lidl and aldi etc..) or does it have to be a sky dish?

cheers

thanks for the reply.. he is in Ireland in the South-east of the country.. is there a favoured satalite that people connect to? is there any members here from ireland that are using dm500s that i can pick the brains of?

cheers

Most people use a dm500s with motorised sat dishes, then you go to whatever satellite that has decent choice, which changes regular. Have a read in the euro-sat section for more info. Favourite satellites include Astra 19*e, Hotbird 13*e, Eutelsat 16*e, and Thor 1west.
If you only want a fixed dish for free channels on Astra2 28*e (satellites that sky, bbc, itv, etc all use) then most wouldnt buy a dm500s for this. Freesat is a cheaper simple option.

Thank you very much for this info :) much appreciated

I'd get a 90cm dish / motorised setup cost about £240 or less and its pretty simple to install if you just understand the tutorials and watch a few videos on youtube

i got a 80cm motorised setup abuot a month or so ago installed and its the dogs bolloxs!! just wish id get 90cm dish now so i can get digitalb but he might be able to get it with 80cm if hes further south than me but then Thor 0.8w might be hard to pick up with 80cm which has alot of hacked channels and football

Back