What causes high ECM times?

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests I'm struggling with high ECM times on my 800HD.I'm running 2.2.1 cccam at the moment.
Is there anything I can do to prevent high ECM times?Network,router settings etc?

Do a ping test on www.pingtest.net
and paste the results,

Are using your own card or a share from elsewhere?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

ye little more info needed about your setup
shares ,network,internet speed and so on

It could be related to your BB provider but the only way to determine is a process of elimination so speak to your line provider in the first instance and see what they say?

Im presuming you are joined on a server and not running one.

Check your broadband ping and latency. pingtest.net

If thats fine, ask the server owner or other people on the same server if they are having issues, if this is the case then your server is rubbish.

You can try switching to Mgcamd if possible as this will reduce glitching, however if your server is shite then theres no real use in doing that either.

Do a ping test on Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test
and paste the results,

Are using your own card or a share from elsewhere?
It's a share,hop 1

ye little more info needed about your setup
shares ,network,internet speed and so on
Setup is DM800HD into BT router via ethernet cable

Ping is higher on this test for some reason?

It could be related to your BB provider but the only way to determine is a process of elimination so speak to your line provider in the first instance and see what they say?
I'll ask if they've had or having problems?

Im presuming you are joined on a server and not running one.

Check your broadband ping and latency. pingtest.net

If thats fine, ask the server owner or other people on the same server if they are having issues, if this is the case then your server is rubbish.

You can try switching to Mgcamd if possible as this will reduce glitching, however if your server is shite then theres no real use in doing that either.

Tbh I can't really complain as I'm getting it for free but was hoping I could do something at my end to stop it.Mgcamd,how do you set that up,is it as easy as Cccam?

Your first ping and jitter is fine but I would be concerned that it couldn't work out your packet loss,

If that doesn't improve then it will never be great tbh,

Give your ISP a bell and tell them your having problems and can they check your line.

I thought it might be my firewall on the router stopping it working out the packet loss but even when disabled it couldn't work it out?
Is that a router or a ISP problem ?

your upload speed is slow what service are you paying for
and shouldnt you be getting at least a meg upload

I thought it might be my firewall on the router stopping it working out the packet loss but even when disabled it couldn't work it out?
Is that a router or a ISP problem ?

ISP I would imagine m8

i would say its your upload speed
i just done a test using a teethered phone as no home net at the moment
and the upload was .53

have you got java installed on you pc as pingtest.net uses java while its calculating your ping and packet loss, maybe why its not letting it access the packet loss data!

i dont personally think its his upload speed as i was running my server (500c) from a upload speed of 0.73 with an average of 20 clients and it run perfect, cardsharing only uses tiny pieces of data every few seconds so its more than enough!

Last edited:
i was getting poor card sharing results with low uploads speeds thats why i am using phone at the min
bt installing infinity service this week

well i suppose if it does turn out to be a bad line from the isp, then even a 5meg upload speed wouldnt really help as it would still be losing bits of data here and there on the way to the modem.. i dont know just guessing really! ;)

I have Java installed and I disabled the firewall on the router but still it won't do the packet test?

Try pinging google from a command prompt and see if all the packets get through

Why not request a test line from somewhere? Just to rule out that option. Unless you know the server your connected to should be good but if it's a free server id say it will only be good if it's a private friends or family share so you know it's not over crowded

Try pinging google from a command prompt and see if all the packets get through

How do I do that :blushing:

Why not request a test line from somewhere? Just to rule out that option. Unless you know the server your connected to should be good but if it's a free server id say it will only be good if it's a private friends or family share so you know it's not over crowded

I've hopefully get a test line from someone on here to try out,the server I'm using is private/friends so I can't see that being the problem but I'll ask them to rule that out

Back