What cards can an AZBox HD take

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just been looking at the AZBox HD premium box. Just wondering what cards can it take. i.e Al Jazzera, Tring etc. Do you need any bolt ons to get these cards to work or is it as easy to plug in the slot and go.
Also can this box be setup as a client and a server to share cards both over a network in the house and perhaps a few streets away.
One last question can this box power a motor and is it any good.
Thanks

Yes it can read those cards, The "bolt ons" or "PLUGINS" are available free via download.
Yes the box can be server and client. LAN or WAN
Yes the box can power a motor.
Is the box any good......... Well I have one, it works..... There is a lot of bitching going on about the Firmware. But it does ok.
It does pretty good as a PVR device.

Lot of people slag this box off for various reasons - mainly due to the lack of support.

FOR ME this box has been great, I picked it up second hand and I much prefer it to the original DM800 I had before.

I never record or use an EPG.

I watch live TV using Multicass as a Cccam client. Picture and sound is as good as it gets.

It makes an excellent media streamer from my NAS and Laptop, this is the clincher for me.

For those interested, there is a new beta version of the Engima 2 firmware for the AZBox. Once fully developed, that will make the AZBox a serious contender.

Google is your friend.

I have an Azbox Premium and my situation is this:

- Original firmware: it reads TIVUSAT with the original CAM.

- mounting e2: it reads the TIVUSAT card through CCCAM 2.3.0 (Spaze Quantum 2.1 image)

PS: TIVUSAT is a sort of "Italian Freesat"

Back