What can I offer you?

S

Speedy2206

With the help of the very kind members on here, I now have a dreambox to play with! ;)

I already have a list of things that I am going to work on, but in the meantime I would just like to ask if theres anything in particular you would like me to do for the dreambox scene?

Dreambox should be here by 1pm tomorrow! :D very excited!
Liam

liamcrayden said:
With the help of the very kind members on here, I now have a dreambox to play with! ;)

I already have a list of things that I am going to work on, but in the meantime I would just like to ask if theres anything in particular you would like me to do for the dreambox scene?

Dreambox should be here by 1pm tomorrow! :D very excited!
Liam

Good stuff, think you'll be very impressed, first off I'd like to simply request that you take a spin around the images we have available and lets pick one that we can start working into a DW special. I have already made some suggestions but as you have more exp than me playing around in the images another opinion would be greatly valued.

Neutrino still looks the best in terms of 'looks' but the Hydra & P2 both have certain useful features as you see...

epg on front row would be great and sporster pro image
thanks and happy dreaming

k-net2020 said:
Good stuff, think you'll be very impressed, first off I'd like to simply request that you take a spin around the images we have available and lets pick one that we can start working into a DW special. I have already made some suggestions but as you have more exp than me playing around in the images another opinion would be greatly valued.

Neutrino still looks the best in terms of 'looks' but the Hydra & P2 both have certain useful features as you see...

What about if we could combine the features of the Hydra & P2 into the Neutrino?

yeh would be great
just that i was using sproster pro on my dbox and this was great and the neutrino image for dream is older image so dose not have the same options and with no epg on front row is a bit of a pain i would like to help you if i can some how ie testing or what ever

liamcrayden said:
What about if we could combine the features of the Hydra & P2 into the Neutrino?

m8 not knocking it but I'd say thats very much a BIG job...

In terms of additonal modding the best so far it the Hydra, the control panel feature is very powerful (being XML based)...

Control Panel:
------------------------------------------------
You may customise your own C-Panel by creating your own /var/etc/mycpanel.xml.
Any settings added in this file will be concatenated to the end of the encrypted C-Panel.

- Howto create mycpanel.xml:
------------------------------------------------
- Create a new file with a linuxeditor (e.g. UltraEdit-32)
- Name it "mycpanel.xml"
- Use the following syntaxes to create your own Control Panel:

For Example:

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

- Save it and FTP it to your box: /var/etc/mycpanel.xml
- Start Control Panel via the green button on your remote controll and see your own made control panel under the The_Hydra Control Panel...

However the soft@cam feature in the P2 image is really useful too, I am not an expert on these things but from what I can see so far each 'image' team implement thier own set of features in a unique way, there is no 'standard' probably much like dbox...

Simply put... Neutrino looks with Hydra Control and P2 softcam control would be ideal...

as Hydra and P2 are Enigma based it's seems reasonable to assume they can be intergrated to a new image but the Neutrino is a dbox port so you'll have to have a look for your self and see what the potential is.

The Enigma based web interface is probably easier to modify to (not to any great extent but certainly adding some DW specific stuff... come to think of it we don't appear to have an offcial DW logo....)

Also if we are going to go for a community driven approach lets start the ball rolling by coming up with a shortlist for some groovy names and then we'll put it to a poll....try and make something we can call our own.

I suggest.... digital dream (cheesy I know) or x3 (bloody braindead at the moment) I am sure others on here can comeup with something short, snappy and unique..I'll even register a domain for it if required...

I like the idea of registering a domain name for it; but this would mean frequent updating and testing so make sure you're up for that before going ahead...

I have the source code to the P2 softcam already (see, I been working already ;)) and is pretty easy to re-compile - will need to change a few object references and then thats it.

The web interface can be completely customized if necessary be decompressing the nhttpd file; just need somebody thats good with HTML and can implement a few specific 'dreambox' code tags. Re-compressing the http daemon is the only problem.

The Hydra Control Panel *might* be able to be ripped but depends whether or not its been compiled directly into the EGbinary. If it IS, then the only way of getting a 'hydra style control panel' in neutrino would be to obtain the original source code for it from the author (unlikely?)

Further customizations could include the libs and sbins (which can be used to manipulate picture quality and speed); boot logo and version information; customized plugins and features directly related to Digital World, internet updates direct from the creators (;)), better channel organization, TRUE bruteforce scanning (not like the version thats been uploaded which doesnt necessarily pick up any additional channels), better interactive with PC/Network, etc, layout design changes blah blah.

We DO need a name for it tho, and unfortunately there is no official Digital World logo, so we'll either have to use the existing one, come up with our own one, or start a small little independant development group of our own.

Probably best to mod several images and see which is best, then combine the best features and parts all into one.

u know for the logo u could always run like a comp the winnin logo gets used,
could be fun -

Well.......how about the mega enigma image you were going to make for dbox for the dreambox? WITH MAME Wooooooooo hooooooooooooo.......

Seriously, the neutrino image is a bit of a pain, on dbox you press ok to get the epg up for that bouquet then press left and right to browse bouquet, with the dreambox the left and right adjust the volume...with dreambox you have to repress the menu button every time you want to chnage bouquet.

Better picture quality ?

A fully functional bouquetter for enigma and neutrino images for dreambox

Bells

Whistles

A whole shabang.

GO FOR IT and welcome to the club ;)

I like the idea of registering a domain name for it; but this would mean frequent updating and testing so make sure you're up for that before going ahead...

No probs with that....

I have the source code to the P2 softcam already (see, I been working already ;)) and is pretty easy to re-compile - will need to change a few object references and then thats it.

Thats a great feature but as for the 'recompile' you'll have to explain further

The web interface can be completely customized if necessary be decompressing the nhttpd file; just need somebody thats good with HTML and can implement a few specific 'dreambox' code tags. Re-compressing the http daemon is the only problem.

I have no probs with that been developing with HTML/PHP etc for years

The Hydra Control Panel *might* be able to be ripped but depends whether or not its been compiled directly into the EGbinary. If it IS, then the only way of getting a 'hydra style control panel' in neutrino would be to obtain the original source code for it from the author (unlikely?)

The Hydra panel is encrypted already looked, any additions are appended, but thats not to say it's not worth approaching them (with credits of course etc)

directly into the EGbinary

Further customizations could include the libs and sbins (which can be used to manipulate picture quality and speed); boot logo and version information; customized plugins and features directly related to Digital World, internet updates direct from the creators (;)), better channel organization, TRUE bruteforce scanning (not like the version thats been uploaded which doesnt necessarily pick up any additional channels), better interactive with PC/Network, etc, layout design changes blah blah.

Like I said it's a big job but fun none the less...

We DO need a name for it tho, and unfortunately there is no official Digital World logo, so we'll either have to use the existing one, come up with our own one, or start a small little independant development group of our own.

Me gonna have a play at that but the name thats seems to stick at the mo is x3

Probably best to mod several images and see which is best, then combine the best features and parts all into one.

Back