what camping equipment to buy ???

carlos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go for something cheap, just in case they don't like camping! I got a £20 3 man tent from Blacks a few years ago and it is decent enough quality for weekend breaks and stuff. It even stood up to a few bricks one night at a gig lol.

That looks good enough for what you want.

Last edited:
Vango is about the best, thats what we have....

There is a great place called winfields in near Blackburn www.winfields.co.uk every thing is nice and cheap:)

You will need

Tent
Airbed
Sleeping Bags
Cooker
Kettle
Pots
Cups
Beer
Beer
beer
Beer
Beer
Wine
Beer

Vango is about the best, thats what we have....

There is a great place called winfields in near Blackburn www.winfields.co.uk every thing is nice and cheap:)

You will need

Tent
Airbed
Sleeping Bags
Cooker
Kettle
Pots
Cups
Beer
Beer
beer
Beer
Beer
Wine
Beer

well i was half way there last week with the botom 7 of your list but i have managed to drink all that so i am still after the top 7 of your choice. ! LOL:Clap:

cheers m8, will have a look.

Here's an explanatikon of the "Hydrostatic Head" rating.

Yours is 2000, basically the higher the number, the more waterproof it is.

Last year I started heading off to the Cairngorms for weekend breaks myself just to get away from it all, have a shmoke, listen to the birds singing, the river running, watch the herds of deer & chill.

The weather so far has been crap, but hopefully I can start again soon...it's a great stressbuster.

The first tent I bought was a cheapo from Halfords, total crap, used it once...never again.

I now use a 2 man Vango tent, which does the job fine.

I always take a flask of boiling water in case it's too wet to pitch the tent & I can't use the cooker.

For cooking I use the standard aluminium pots with fold away handles & my MSR multi fuel cooker.
My stove is very like this one HERE.

It can use:
White gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel, diesel, and jet fuel. :)

I overnight fish alot in the winter and to be honest I got a 3 man dome tent from asda for £25 a few year ago and its been the business for me tents arnt like the were in the old days there all pretty solid these days

Try and buy equipment that can be car charged and avoid batteries
My priorites are deffo blow up double mattress
Electric matriss pump lol
little poratable cooker gas canister ones are the best
Electric tourch car chargable good heavy duty one
mess tins and squeeeely kettle
small frying pan
warm clothes
lots a beer
loads a tins of stag chilli and soups easy and quick to heat keep you warm
dont think your gonna cook 3 course meals on a camping stove
Id say the rest is pretty obvious like warm footware rain coats
back up batteries
wind up radio etc
And most of all a ORIENTAL HORIZONTAL

ps small fishing for the kids the get board very easy

Last edited:
I was in asda yesterday and they are selling 3 man tents for about £18.

i would agree with the above posters regarding the Vango equipment. all my tents are vango, got 6 of them, they are the business. and are resonably priced. i live next to the vango factory, they a do a yearly sale. everything is dirt cheap, its worth the journey up to scotland if you want some serious outdoor equipment.

i would agree with the above posters regarding the Vango equipment. all my tents are vango, got 6 of them, they are the business. and are resonably priced. i live next to the vango factory, they a do a yearly sale. everything is dirt cheap, its worth the journey up to scotland if you want some serious outdoor equipment.

Used my Vango on Friday night up on the Cairngorms outside Braemar.
Got burnt to a cinder with a full day of sunshine...It was chucking it down most everywhere else :)

Do me a favour Deedie...throw in a random post somewhere.
Get rid of THAT number fer chrissakes :)

even better with extra 10% off

or this one for £152.99
The following is included in the Urban Escape Family Tent Pack
4 Person Tent
4 Deluxe Sleeping Bags
2 Double Airbeds
1 Electric Pump
1 LED Light
2 Camping Lights
Bag for above contents (with wheeld and handle)

with cookset £175.48

Last edited:
A problem with a lot of the cheaper ones is that they do not have a SIG (sewn in groundsheet) or its of poor quality.

Otherwise you will get wet and cold.

I'd go for something cheap, just in case they don't like camping! I got a £20 3 man tent from Blacks a few years ago and it is decent enough quality for weekend breaks and stuff. It even stood up to a few bricks one night at a gig lol.

That looks good enough for what you want.

trouble is if you go for somthing cheap it might put one of you off as it's not as comfy if you get some bad weather

you will also find that cheaper tents have poor waterproofing, particularly around the seams. the poles will also be of poor quality, and wont be very good if there is any sort of wind.

these cheap all in one packages are great for what they are ment for, and that is weekend long festival like t in the park etc. beyond that they i wouldnt go near them. they are that bad and cheap that most people always leave them at the festival and dont bother taking them home.

just see this at argos Vango Breckenridge 400 4 Person Tent half prce, still 200 notes though

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...57&referrer=AR353&mid=700071214&storeId=10001

if that would have been a 6 person tent i would have snapped that up !!

Back