What Cable For Libby???what Does It Look Like??

dearme

Inactive User
Reaction score
I AM NEW AND JUST TRYING TO PICK UP SOME HELP READING FORUMS.I NEED HELP IN KNOWING WHAT EXACTLY THE CABLE LOOKS LIKE TO ATTACH MY PACE DI4001NC TO MY PC TO MAKE THE LIBBY PROGRAM WORK FOR ME.I ALSO NEED TO KNOW IF IT HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO TV AT SAME TIME...
I HAVE A SERIAL CABLE WITH MALE TO MALE AT EACH:CRYBABY: END CAN THIS WORK??WHEN I TRY IT AND PUT ON LIBBY IT IS NO COMM.AND QUITE HONESTLY I AM LOSING IT..ANY HELP APPRECIATED...
N** GLASGOW AREA.GOT BOX AFTER SEEING IT ON EBAY PAIRED CARD WITH BOX.I HAVE MANAGED TO CUT TALKBACK BUT THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GET.
HELP!!!:( [/COL
GLASGOW CELTIC NO.1
OR]

dearme said:
I AM NEW AND JUST TRYING TO PICK UP SOME HELP READING FORUMS.I NEED HELP IN KNOWING WHAT EXACTLY THE CABLE LOOKS LIKE TO ATTACH MY PACE DI4001NC TO MY PC TO MAKE THE LIBBY PROGRAM WORK FOR ME.I ALSO NEED TO KNOW IF IT HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO TV AT SAME TIME...
I HAVE A SERIAL CABLE WITH MALE TO MALE AT EACH:CRYBABY: END CAN THIS WORK??WHEN I TRY IT AND PUT ON LIBBY IT IS NO COMM.AND QUITE HONESTLY I AM LOSING IT..ANY HELP APPRECIATED...
N** GLASGOW AREA.GOT BOX AFTER SEEING IT ON EBAY PAIRED CARD WITH BOX.I HAVE MANAGED TO CUT TALKBACK BUT THATS AS FAR AS I CAN GET.
HELP!!!:(
DON'T SHOUT PLEASE. ;)

How did you physically manage to connect a 4001 to a serial port on your PC with a male-male 9 way cable?

More to the point; you don't need to use LibDebug on 4001 model boxes.

You need a male-female 9 way serial cable for other boxes, it's nothing special.

libby is used for setting net id, but the 4001 auto sets net id. you tryin to get box key ? try readin the card you have , but most prob be locked . so you got 2 choices either unlock and read the card or led simm method to retrieve box key. its all been coverd before . have a good read in cable section. its all there for you..

cliffy said:
libby is used for setting net id, but the 4001 auto sets net id. you tryin to get box key ? try readin the card you have , but most prob be locked . so you got 2 choices either unlock and read the card or led simm method to retrieve box key. its all been coverd before . have a good read in cable section. its all there for you..
Hi,i have just had alook at the chartmans led simm guide.seems straight.if i did that mod all ok??again,I am in glasgow area n** ..but again do i just forget the libby altogether if i did led mod. thanks in advance if all is yes!!
and Celtic are the no 1

yh m8 use the led simm to get your bk and write yourself a funcard or pref an auto update card.

cliffy said:
yh m8 use the led simm to get your bk and write yourself a funcard or pref an auto update card.
Then thanks cliffy.I now think i have it sussed(not)i will get on this in morning and will post and let you know how it went.and thanks to all who put froward their help..cheers

Got as far as doing soldering on panel.where can I get a led simm to check and get BK,cost??and prog + card cost??

dearme said:
Got as far as doing soldering on panel.where can I get a led simm to check and get BK,cost??and prog + card cost??

tap in 4001 in the search facility it will bring everything up for you ;)

for an led simm pm atmelace

Back