What box would you recommend

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
My box is dead R.I.P :FRIGHT: what is the best box to get there are a few out there like
starview' eurovox max' Replay' fta101' dreambox. What one give's the best picture on a lcd tv. What one would you recommend. :THANKS:
Thanks 556

if u want value for money, i would suggest the eurovox max...have had it since jan 2006 and it hasan't gone off once, unlike the other boxes.

I expect you'll get many different answers as this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question - but I'd say in general that of the after market boxes the dreambox 500c has the best reputation (but beware there are fakes around) - dbox2 is well supported but getting old so reliability issues (especially the tuner and display), so beware if buying abroad - and some models of eurovox are so crap that they don't even support 16:9 screen format. So pros and cons on each box, really depends what's most important to you.

I had a Eurovox Max for ages but then for no reason it just wouldn't switch on, it was a good enough box and now has full epg. I had a replay box they are crap don't touch. Now I have a Dreambox and I prefer it, but it isn't as easy to set up as the Eurovox Max.

Depends on what you want?

Eurovox Max is a gr8 plug and play box, whereas the dreambox has many more features such as recording tv to pc via network, etc.

what if one was looking for good 16:9 picture, then which is the best box as all new tv's seem to be wide screens this days.

what if one was looking for good 16:9 picture, then which is the best box as all new tv's seem to be wide screens this days.

I would say the Dream box seems the best option again as well as the Dbox. If you choose to get a Dreambox try to get the latest version with PVR as the old 500C version has signal problems. I personal had my Eurovox for over a year now after getting rid of my Dreambox. Although it has a widescreen issue I'm still happy with it and would not change it for any other box even though I'm tempted to buy the new Dreambox 600.

I would say the Dream box seems the best option again as well as the Dbox. If you choose to get a Dreambox try to get the latest version with PVR as the old 500C version has signal problems. I personal had my Eurovox for over a year now after getting rid of my Dreambox. Although it has a widescreen issue I'm still happy with it and would not change it for any other box even though I'm tempted to buy the new Dreambox 600.

Thanks for your input. I think I'll stick to ev for time being. Was tempted by clone dreambox but not too sure as have heard here and on another forum that they seem to be a bit temperemental.

Had the Dreambox and nothing but endless issues and vanishing channels, the need for boosters/attenuators what a turn off... stuck a Eurovox Max3 box which I brought for the same price and within 40 minutes all channels showed up and worked.

So Eurovox max3 gets my vote, its not 100% perfect as in I miss a few odd channels nothing too major but its fine and still easier/simple and works compared to the dreambox.

Starview didnt even auto update during the last channel zap, while the eurovox max3/dreambox did.

I've had a starview for 3 months now and its gone off once but it was up and running in a matter of a few hours again and since then has auto updated no problem. However only downside i've noticed with this receiver so far is the epg. The epg is crap to be honest however this doesn't really matter if you got a tv guide to hand.

Eurovox cant fault it,had mine since june last year receives every channel,auto updates, great epg with latest firmware and simple to flash.wot more do you want.widescreen!!!

Eurovox cant fault it,had mine since june last year receives every channel,auto updates, great epg with latest firmware and simple to flash.wot more do you want.widescreen!!!

Widescreen - exactly!!

Which is why I'll be relegation my Eurovox 2007 model to another room and replacing with a Dreambox 500C.

on what i have seen and had the dream and dboxs are very well supported boxs replay support dead not sure about eurovox and starview

eurovox max

hi
most of peoples says buy eurovox max box i just bought one just by looks of it i think its not original box. its says made in korea. can any one please tell me are there any fake boxes in the market and who are the sellers of those boxes.

this will help peoples

if any one know how to check weather its original box or copied

thanks for ur assistance

what makes you think its not an original ? all eurovoxes are made in korea. Dont know of any eurovox copies but starviews and dreambox's have been cloned.

hi
just quality of the box and software made me think that it may be a copy remote is even very light and cheap looking , starview remote is even better, changing the channel is problem some time get too much noice when change the channel.
it might be faulty box

Back