What box is currently the best?

cat123

Inactive User
Reaction score
I had a Eurovox and I liked it but it broke on me the guy I got it from gave me a refund but I got it for £120 ages ago and now they are going for £140 and £150, was wondering if I'd be better getting a Starview, Dbox or a dreambox, also I've seen this one called Nvision. I don't really care I just want one that I won't need to constantly mess about with and has a decent amount of support in case anything does go wrong.

I've also had a replay box which was completely shit so wouldn't even consider a replay lite.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Id go for the Dreambox 500C. Its brand new and comes with 12 month warranty, and theres plenty of support around for it as its open source.

I wouldnt go Starview they were unsuccessful in the last roll/key changes to update.... Dreamboxes are good but I had too many issues with them I prefer the Eurovox max 3 still since u just plug it in/scan and get all the channels and your done with it, Dreambox is a mission imo ;)

The Technomate 1500 and Eurovox are like the Newbie boxes that just plug n play and work great peroid boxes, while the Dreamboxs are there to take it to a new level but require more setup/tweeking.

I would say the Eurovox or the good old Dbox. The dreambox has signal problems and requires you to use a signal booster which why I wouldn't recommend it.

eurovox max is a very reliable box and although not open source, support has been forthcoming from the developers. box has a very stable tuner that works great with high and low signals. Also very easy to use and has channel change buttons on the front of the box, always a good thing if your remote packs in. it doesnt support widescreen which can be a bit of a pain.

Starview much the same but has went down more often hence the lower price.

replaylite is a robust little unit and unlike the replay is very stable. used 1 for about 6 months there and very rarely had to rescan for channels. considering the bad name the replay got i wouldnt imagine future support would be good and it isnt controllable from the box.

dbox2 is a great box for the enthusiast and has more support than any other but purchasing a decent one is pot luck as unlike others they are not new but secondhand and life expectancy can be a lot less than others. they are also too expensive considering their age.

dreambox also like the dbox2 1 for the enthusiast and also has a lot of support but can be a very pernickity box where high or low signals are concerned. excellent if you dont have any signal issues. clones available for much cheapness makes it a financially better option than others. cant controll it from front of the box either.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering a dreambox, I'll need to look into fllashing it etc, but think I'll go down that root. Thanks for all the info, cheers everyone.

Dreambox with Gemini 3.4 is the dogs b***** IMO. EVox and SView are all ok but are so basic when compared to the DrBox.Just my view for what it's worth.

Last edited:
The Technomate 1500 and Eurovox are like the Newbie boxes that just plug n play and work great peroid boxes, while the Dreamboxs are there to take it to a new level but require more setup/tweeking.

the technomate 1500 is a satellite box m8,very easy to setup but never the less it's for satellite and wont work on cable

go for the dreambox 500c m8

Ive have a eurovox 2 and a dreambox.

I hated the eurovox for one simple reason that meant a lot to me but probably wouldnt even bother most people at all, in that it doesnt have a true 16:9 widescreen option, but as i say, most people wouldnt even bat an eyelid about that, its just that i like things perfect, so because of that little issue I also bought a dreambox which is spot on, took a bit of tinkering with to flash image etc but once ya know what your doing its the same as anything else and is pretty easy, and it has true 16:9 widescreen which made me happy :)
I believe that the eurovox 3 has same issue with no true 16:9 option, so if you feel that thats gonna be an issue to ya then i wouldnt buy it.
I have no experience with starview other than a friend buying one and saying it was a great box.

Hope this helps :)

p.s
i had to buy a tv signal booster to get my dreambox going properley which you can buy for about 10quid, but i know lots of people who didnt need a signal booster, its just your donald duck if you do or dont, no big deal really for about 10quid, eh ?

Last edited:
Back