What Boiler?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
My boiler has finally come to the end of its life or just about anyway. Every year it seem we have had to get something repaired and now its more or less nakard so want to purchase a new one.

Need a strong boiler to support - 2 Bathrooms (both with showers), Washingmachine, Dish washer, 2 sinks.
Its basically most of the time in use, when the appliances are not in use the boiler is used for the heating around the house that will support 10-11 rooms in total.

I don't know nothing about boilers so as much information as possible would be appreciated.
Oh and are there any boilers that you can get that filters the water, as the water in London is totaly sh*t!

My old landlord would only fit Vailant. He reckoned they were the 'nads, but the price showed this too... That said, everywhere we've ever lived the only boiler that never gave us one ounce of hassle was the Vailant. The Glowworm we've got ATM is nothing but trouble... I've had the council (contractors) out 4-5 times in the last 18 months or so... Complete POS.

Had a Vailant in my old house, it was superb. The service guy said they were the Rolls Royce of boilers. I've got a Potterton in my present house and it seems fine, although the setup is different, it feeds a cylinder rather than direct to the shower/taps. Doesn't your washing machine and dishwasher heat the water? It's supposed to be more economical.

Dishwashers have a cold water feed and heat their own water. Washing machines are beginning to move over to cold water only feeds also.

I recently changed mine for an Alpha condensing combi. It is very good and "A" rated for efficiency. Mine's 28 KW but I imagine you'll need at least 35 KW output. The output will go off the size/number of radiators as well as hot water requirements. These will be sized off the size of room, type of insulation, windows, sub floor, outside walls etc etc.
Get a plumber to come and size it up then you can shop round for boilers once you know what size you need.

Curly

I email vaillant and they recommended me to get the Eco Tec Plus 937 Boiler with additional tank that connects to the bottom of the boiler.
Seems real good, but do you think guys it will be really heavy on electricity useage?

Also guys im thinking to get one of these for my Gran through British Gas, should they be able to reduce the price for her being a senior citizen?

My old mans a heating engineer guess what i have in my attic yep A Vailant Combi !!
When i asked the same question thats what he recommended .... ya cant argue with 35yrs experience in the repair industry

Also guys im thinking to get one of these for my Gran through British Gas, should they be able to reduce the price for her being a senior citizen?

shame u live so far away as myself and sajon44 run a plumbers merchant we could get a price for you but its delivery thats a problem

where does she live heating systems free for over sixties glasgow area

Vailant are fantastic boilers also good are worcester

Also boilers do not generally use allot of electricity apart from the start up and pump, programmer, valves you need to watch the immersion and make sure that its not running heating the water or bills will be really high (it needs to be installed correctly with your plan)

Go for vailant they are pretty expensive but worth the money!

Also make sure you get a good plumber to install it... not a cowboy... and put either the carbon monoxide spot thingamajigs or install a monoxide detector!

PS do not buy a glow worm!

Regards
Mickie D

as a user and a seller of all makes you wont go far wrong with a vaillant thats my professional opinion for what its worth lol

PS do not buy a glow worm!

Regards
Mickie D

Ha, wish some fooker had told my Council that...!

The tw@ts are coming back again next week, and I'm pig sick of it...!

As a plumber myself id go with the vailant there basically fit and forget and the best around ATM but Worcester might well have an argument for this depends on the boiler you require if it's a combi/condensing boiler go vailant but worcester do a fantastic system boiler (for tank/cylinder or unvented) called the greenstar.
Whatever you fit make sure it's seedbuk band A and youll pay for your boiler in five years on savings alone. Band A is the top class for energy efficiency.

I have a Worcester Bosch, no regrets been excellent buy, I would recommend this one.

Back