What Am I Doing Wrong

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi im just getting into this and have bought my first dbox2 from ebay, it has a sportster image and stupid me thought all i had to do was plug into my cable feed for my cable modem and it will pick up everything i want on my tv, problem is its telling me all the channels are there but only showing me 1 2 3 4 5 and a couple more, please help me or have i threw away my money on a pile of crap.

eliza

read up a bit on the subject first.... theres a tutorial and loads of documents to help you in the downloads section.

basically, its not a waste of money - you'll get it going :)

probably best to flash a new image to the box and then do a bruteforce scan, but you'll find out how to do all that by having a little read on the forums.

Liam.

liamcrayden said:
read up a bit on the subject first.... theres a tutorial and loads of documents to help you in the downloads section.

basically, its not a waste of money - you'll get it going :)

probably best to flash a new image to the box and then do a bruteforce scan, but you'll find out how to do all that by having a little read on the forums.

Liam.

absolutely..

before you flash it with the new image - try to obtain and load the .xml files for your area or do a bruteforce scan. everything u need is here :)

certanly not 'a pile of crap' once it's all working right,
like liam says, plenty of tuts on here to get you working 100%

patience is a virtue :)

Respect

686849 said:
Hi im just getting into this and have bought my first dbox2 from ebay, it has a sportster image and stupid me thought all i had to do was plug into my cable feed for my cable modem and it will pick up everything i want on my tv, problem is its telling me all the channels are there but only showing me 1 2 3 4 5 and a couple more, please help me or have i threw away my money on a pile of crap.
eliza

do have have n*l or C*W?

With out trying to offend/insult your intelligence you need some cable feed.

sorry for taking so long i tried loading the services and bouguet files and still nothing, when i go to scan channels i only have this kabel deutchland only im not getting anywhere ive let it scan for ours

go to the downloads section and get another image make sure u get the right one ie 1x or 2x from there ie sporster....then transfer your bouquet and service files for your area to var\tuxbox\config\zapit
that will sort it.

Back