What Am I Doing Wrong

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi im just getting into this and have bought my first dbox2 from ebay, it has a sportster image and stupid me thought all i had to do was plug into my cable feed for my cable modem and it will pick up everything i want on my tv, problem is its telling me all the channels are there but only showing me 1 2 3 4 5 and a couple more, please help me or have i threw away my money on a pile of crap.

eliza

S

Speedy2206

read up a bit on the subject first.... theres a tutorial and loads of documents to help you in the downloads section.

basically, its not a waste of money - you'll get it going :)

probably best to flash a new image to the box and then do a bruteforce scan, but you'll find out how to do all that by having a little read on the forums.

Liam.

KhuramG

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
liamcrayden said:
read up a bit on the subject first.... theres a tutorial and loads of documents to help you in the downloads section.

basically, its not a waste of money - you'll get it going :)

probably best to flash a new image to the box and then do a bruteforce scan, but you'll find out how to do all that by having a little read on the forums.

Liam.

absolutely..

before you flash it with the new image - try to obtain and load the .xml files for your area or do a bruteforce scan. everything u need is here :)

The_RaVeN

Inactive User
Reaction score
certanly not 'a pile of crap' once it's all working right,
like liam says, plenty of tuts on here to get you working 100%

patience is a virtue :)

Respect

platty14

Inactive User
Reaction score
686849 said:
Hi im just getting into this and have bought my first dbox2 from ebay, it has a sportster image and stupid me thought all i had to do was plug into my cable feed for my cable modem and it will pick up everything i want on my tv, problem is its telling me all the channels are there but only showing me 1 2 3 4 5 and a couple more, please help me or have i threw away my money on a pile of crap.
eliza

do have have n*l or C*W?

With out trying to offend/insult your intelligence you need some cable feed.

Inactive User
Reaction score
sorry for taking so long i tried loading the services and bouguet files and still nothing, when i go to scan channels i only have this kabel deutchland only im not getting anywhere ive let it scan for ours

Fergalsworld

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
go to the downloads section and get another image make sure u get the right one ie 1x or 2x from there ie sporster....then transfer your bouquet and service files for your area to var\tuxbox\config\zapit
that will sort it.

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok will try that right now thanks in advance

TEST