What’s the best box Ona budget

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to come off smart IPTV and get a box. What’s the best box to get

Firesticks are not bad, i have come round to them recently. Personally its the application you run within device/box.
“smarters app” is best on the market in my opnion at the moment. Samsung recently released on there smartTV store. LG will be releasing it soon on UK store as its only available in US store at the moment.

Smarters on smartTV or firestick.
Or “zgemma i55” run jedi plugin and you can select bouquets want from provider. You can also run dual lines on enigma2 with the plugin. That along with nice IPK skin zgemma will be hard to beat.

Soooo many options out there at moment, for me its:
Firestick (running smarters)
SmartTV (running smarters)
Enigma2 (running jedi with nice skin)

EDIT: i have my sony android TV running smarters. Provider recently added 4K content. Running smarters on TV with 4K content.
(things have not been better since C/S stopped)

Last edited:
This looks decent and can be had for less than £40 on AliExpress.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thinking of going for the z8

Ian, im pretty sure i've got a vu zero here that you can have, just pay the postage and you can run it on that. You'll have to set it up yourself, but wont be that hard iirc.

Ian, im pretty sure i've got a vu zero here that you can have, just pay the postage and you can run it on that. You'll have to set it up yourself, but wont be that hard iirc.
Thanks for the offer mate but think I’m gonna go for an Android box

The mytv online software looks great for running iptv but I wouldn’t say their a budget device.

Looking like the z 8 at the moment also binning sky bb and phone line for mifi from 3.

Unlimited data for £22 per month on mifi looks good, only problem for me is I have a lot of wired devices

Unlimited data for £22 per month on mifi looks good, only problem for me is I have a lot of wired devices
it has a lan port mate you could use that and a cheap hub ;)
I have now cancelled all my sky bb phone and tv saving £74 a month and got the mifi ordered for £22 ordered a Z8 from amazon so when I sub it ;) it will have paid for its self in 3 months. Reason for doing this is so I can use it at my weekend caravan retreat as well as at home :) Ive tested all the speeds so know it will work well .

Im getting 16mb speed at caravan and 30 mb at home Its fast enough for what I need tbh

it has a lan port mate you could use that and a cheap hub ;)
I have now cancelled all my sky bb phone and tv saving £74 a month and got the mifi ordered for £22 ordered a Z8 from amazon so when I sub it ;) it will have paid for its self in 3 months. Reason for doing this is so I can use it at my weekend caravan retreat as well as at home :) Ive tested all the speeds so know it will work well .

Im getting 16mb speed at caravan and 30 mb at home Its fast enough for what I need tbh

Will be interested to see what you think of the Z8 it has a new version of MyTVOnline, the one on the Z7 is great, although I have not tried recording, I am not sure that recording works that well, but my supplier has great Catch up so it does not bother me.

The Catch up by the way is great you just scroll back through the EPG to play whatever you want

Will be interested to see what you think of the Z8 it has a new version of MyTVOnline, the one on the Z7 is great, although I have not tried recording, I am not sure that recording works that well
Most suppliers will “NOT” allow recording. Two things will happen if you attempt to record, channel will lock-up or it will become sticky.
Multi-room will allow you to record as you will be using both lines at same time.

If your not watching it at the same time and are using a timer to record it still just the one connection seen and it will record.

Recording is why my misses hates IPTV. She loves storing stuff on the Q to watch at another time, and it frustrates the hell out of me. Just watch it on catchup, or something :)

Back