• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Win 10 What’s the Best Antivirus for Windows 10?

+1 for Avast.

I've used it for over 3 years on several versions of Windows, cannot fault it what so ever.

Panda was good back in the old days... if anyone can remember that! haha

AJT

Staff member
you do not need any additional antivirus software..windows 10 has windows defender inbuilt...
adding any additional anti virus will just slow down your computer due to the massive footprints they use and website blocking gets on my nerves..
all you need is external scanning software for you to run a scan now and again for this i recommend superantispyware free and malwarebytes free which also runs in background as zero day stopper.

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
you do not need any additional antivirus software..windows 10 has windows defender inbuilt...
adding any additional anti virus will just slow down your computer due to the massive footprints they use and website blocking gets on my nerves..
all you need is external scanning software for you to run a scan now and again for this i recommend superantispyware free and malwarebytes free which also runs in background as zero day stopper.
I think the meme says it all :)

781592d1363530457-ride-your-birthday-suit-birthday-thread-5f600f89_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

the built in AV do the protection well. But if you want to use a commercial one I tried ESET/Kaspersky/Norton each for a long time and I'm back on ESET ESS. I suggest it

Hi, i found that defender that is pre loaded in W10 is a good tool! it seem to be more efficient than Avast free ! for my experience....

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
av test

you could also create your own EICAR test file by opening a text editor (such as Notepad), copy-pasting the following text into the file, and then saving it:

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Your antivirus program should react as though you had just created an actual virus.

full story
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...urity/&usg=AFQjCNE7CcXe8JcVhphbTBs8331lx3zY-g

nara

Who?
VIP Member
hi

im using avast free. is it any good?
If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that Avast has been mentioned on several occasions. I can only assume that you're either lazy or you're post clocking.

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that Avast has been mentioned on several occasions. I can only assume that you're either lazy or you're post clocking.
OMG nara's lost it, talking to himself now :Laugh:

I've been using bitdefender free recently. It scored well in google reviews, and is pretty lightweight. It also doesn't bug you too much to purchase...

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
have a read of

The Best Antivirus Utilities for 2�16 | PCMag.com

those that say windows defender is ok ......maybe not.

"In the past, Windows Defender has performed poorly both in our tests and independent lab tests. Yes, it did score several wins last year, and it earned decent scores in several more recent tests. Even so, our latest evaluation indicates that you'd still be better off with a third-party solution."

saying ive used "xxxxxxxx" for the last 5 years and i am ok ive never had a virus, is like putting your head in the sand, if the program you have doesn't detect a particular virus and you catch it 5 days after installing your fav AV program and 5 years later its still not detected.......what has that virus done for the last few years.

the method ive used is to install a AV program and tbh it doesnt matter which one they all have flaws, i have been using win defender on win 10 but have now changed to free bitdefender. use that on a daily basis to detect 99% of anything that may get downloaded to your machine. Then from time to time run a free AV program just to test your daily program if it finds something confirm its not a false +ve deal withit and then change your daily AV.