Wet Runners

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
I stepped in a big pool of water this morning, up to my ankles and my runners are totally soaked. So whats the best thing to do with them, put them in the washing machine - i don't really want to do that as they are only a few weeks old and i can't remember if they are machine washable or not.

My socks were absolutely wringing wet so i ended up taking them off and wearing my runners with no socks (i was at the gym) which i dont really like doing. So what do i do now?

Spray them with some kind of disinfectant and hang them on the line (when it stops raining lol), stuff them with newspapers and put them in the airing cupboard?

What do you think?

spray with some of your magic oils and bung in tumble dryer, makes a bit of a racket though

I used to newspaper and leave to stand with my footy boots, but that was leather, I'm guessing your runners are like mine and canvas, I'm not a fan of putting them in the tumble, as it tends to dry out the glue in the sole, and then they start falling to bits ;-)

With the kids trainers, they seem to be able to find every puddle in a 1 mile radius, lol. I spray inside with something like orange based disinfectant cleaner (the stuff you use for cleaning worksurfaces) and wipe with kitchen towel.

Put something inside to soak up the mositure, couple of teatowels should do, then bung them in the airing cupboard if you have one.

i used to sell/train sales people in running technologies and trainers - Don't put them in the washing machine or tumble dryer, it will ruin the glue and make any die-cut foam shrink reducing the life span of the trainers.

warm water, bio soap powder if you have it and a nail brush. don't over stuff with paper just enough to keep the shape and let dry naturally.

Throw em out and get a new pair, you cheap ass biatch. lmfao.

I always wash my trainers in the washing machine, brings them up lovely.

Throw em out and get a new pair, you cheap ass biatch. lmfao.

I always wash my trainers in the washing machine, brings them up lovely.

they are a new pair, they're only about a month old!!!

and they're not dirty, just wet

Throw them away and learn by your error, look where your standing when getting out of car.
Never had a pair get wet and last long after they dried out.

basically there was torrential rain this morning and the whole carpark was a swamp. will try the newspaper in the airing cupboard and see how they do.

Chuck em out and never wear them again.
Thats what I would do if I had a pair of shitty trainers which gave me all that
hastle everytime they got wet! ffs, what they made from, tissue?

Chuck em out and never wear them again.
Thats what I would do if I had a pair of shitty trainers which gave me all that
hastle everytime they got wet! ffs, what they made from, tissue?

it wouldnt have mattered if i was wearing my waterproof hiking boots this morning, whatever it was would have been soaked!

as to what they are made of, some fancy lightweight breathable material lol

they havent given me any hassle, i just wanted to know the best way to dry them :err:

I'd of left them outside to dry if it was warm and dry
or left them upside down on the rad if it was cold.
Probably not posted it on a forum waiting for the appropriate reply.
That seems hassle to me. But thats just me.

lol well its not warm and dry and the rads aren't on, leaving them sitting on the floor while i do other stuff is hardly hassle, i do have a few pairs of shoes ;)

As said,dont put them in washer as the tumbling will ruin the surface and/or fancy markings.I would soak them in some clean soapy water then rinse them b4 dryin naturally (gas mark 9 ha!).U never know wot was in that dodgy rainwater........

lol i sprayed them with the antibacterial kitchen cleaner, filled them with kitchen roll and put them in the airing cupboard. thanks everyone :)

Newspaper gets my vote as well.
I was at the london marathon registration a few years backs. They had loads of flood damaged trainers... i was told to stay away from trainers that had got proper wet... they aint the same!

unsure TBH....

try the newspaper

well i'll see, if they aren't comfortable after they dry out i'll dump them. i don't run in them, i go to the gym and wear them walking sometimes as well, but it wouldn't be for more than four or five miles at a time.

they are for using in the gym, not splashing about in puddles girl. :silly:
Buy a new pair. :)

lol you didnt see the rain here this morning, was like sheets of it bucketing down, within half an hour the whole place was flooded!

i'm not very good with runners, i get a pair and i treat them very well for a few weeks, and then i wear them digging the garden or cutting the grass or something and they end up wrecked, so there's quite a few old pairs around, i was kinda hoping to get a bit longer out of these!

Back