6: PS2

Last edited:
1. PS3
2. xbox360
3. wii
4. ps2
5. xbox
6. psp

wii is fun to play, can't knock that system at all.

never had a psp, xbox or xbox360

but i've played on my mates xbox360 tons of times and it's a good system with cracking graphics, thought the pad was a arse tho but im just use to the ps controller.

PS3 tho just plain and simply ROCKS. What i will say tho, i don't think you will see much different in the graphics unless you have a 1080p tele. I've got HD tele and a Full HD tele and you can spot the different right away with the colours, depth and sharpness in the details.

PS2 was a great little system even better when it was chipped. For the amount of years i got out of it, just couldn't knock it.

XBox all the way mate....

Although, if you need to have the biggest and fastest you'll pay the wad and buy a PS3.

Personally I'm yet to be convinced................

well what do you think of the ps3?

1: Xbox 360
2: Wii
3: PS3
4: PSP
5: Xbox

How can you put the Wii 2nd it's crap there only any good if your younger 12 years old.

well what do you think of the ps3?

Gotta say i think its awesome! Had high expectations for it but it really is just soo much better than I expected. Was absolutely stunned first time I played COD3.
Graphics are gorgeous but the sound quality through my home cinema is simply unbelievable! Never heard anything like it! I'm hooked!
Never played anything on an Xbox 360 so couldn't really compare.
Can't wait until the likes of GTA and GT5!

at the moment i think the XBOX is better as it has a better games library, but i'm sure this will change as sony churns out more titles, but at the moment i think its very thin. In terms of graphics i cant see much between them and both are on par. Once again we will have to wait and see if the coders can harness the potential of the PS3 hardware.

Interms of quietness the PS3 is a lot quieter......

looks wise i prefer the sony again.........

games wise i would say xbox.............

graphics wise i would say both on par.......

I like my ps3 - it's great.

I agree with most other folks - it'll take time for the ps3 to show it's true power. That's when all the PS3 haters will jump on the band wagon.

Wii - great system for a group of 2 or more for a party session but I can't see future potential for it. too many repetitive games - i'm sick of playing mario kart etc!!

PSP: never bothered playing it

PS2: loved mine - totally killed it playing it. it died a happy death.

XBOX - loved this too - got it after my ps2 died (after 3 years). modded it - upgraded the hd and wham - i was off doing tons of things on it.

360: nearly bought one but decided to hold on for th ps3 - glad i did! 360 is good but then again i think it will run into a brick wall once the ps3 will do what it does best. the 360 won't be able to compete as it's limited inside the casing & hard drive!

PS3 is gonna be mega, not even touched the surface of its capabilities yet...I didnt want to pay £500 either, but I am glad I did....Playstation store had a lot of goodies to download and view as well as a free game ..Gran Turismo HD.....I also purchased Tekken 5 for £6.99....You get lots of ree stuff too and the speed downloading is excellent....BTW I like the xbow 360 too, so much so that I have one under my ps3.....need to get it modded though I cant afford to pay full whack for both consoles games....
I also connected a PSP to the PS3 which was pretty cool...it allows you to control the PS3 XMB and watch downloads on your PSP....
: colors1

at the min its lame,the 360 towers over it.i hate the dashboard/interface thingy it all feels laboured and lazy,i love the 360s dash,it feels natural and instinctive

sixaxis complete waste of time imo

tbh at this moment in time all i can say the ps3 has over the 360 is the fact its almost silent,

and to thhe dude who has his 360 under his ps3,id move it mate,ive got my ps3 sat on mi cablebox and it seems to cause the bugger to overheat

but ill list em in the order of use they get

1. xbox
2. xbox360
3. ps3
4. ps2,wii,psp(since i have none of these there all joint)

as far as use for gaming goes
2.ps3
3.xbox

to be honest once ive finished resistance i think the ps3 will just gather dust till i get die hard on blu ray or silent hill 5 comes out,the 360 is my favorite console by a long long way

1. PS3
2. xbox360
3. wii
4. ps2
5. psp

Cant post about the xbox cos i never played one!!

360 is good, good graphics, better games at the mo (More) but PS3 has just launched and Xbox 360 games when it came out were terrible.

I absolutely love my PS3. The blu-ray DVD player is awesome, watched a few films on it, the graphics are second to none, and i just love PS controllers full stop, especially now they are wireless.

Like the wii, good fun, but dont think i would use 1 much after a couple of weeks. They r good fun for a few of u to play tho.

PS2 has been a classic, but is getting old now and certainl looks dated graphics wise compared to the others. still couldnt get rid of it tho, i still enjoy Fifa on it tho i will buy it for the 3 if it comes out purely for the graphics.

The psp dissappointed me, i like the look, the layout, and what it can do, but cannot stand the analogue button, for me, its in an awkward place and i much prefer the Nintendo DS any day to it. But for technology, its great for such a small thing!!

Liam

PS. These are purely my opinion, not anyone elses!!

These threads are just stupid, go onto any forum and you'll see the exact same thing done over and over again.

Open this thread in a years time and then we'll have some REAL answers as people will have had plenty of time to compare both machines.

PS3 - ROCKS
XBOX360 - ROCKS
PS3- SUCKS
XBOX360 - SUCKS

Blah Blah Blah.....

at the min its lame,the 360 towers over it.i hate the dashboard/interface thingy it all feels laboured and lazy,i love the 360s dash,it feels natural and instinctive

sixaxis complete waste of time imo

tbh at this moment in time all i can say the ps3 has over the 360 is the fact its almost silent,

and to thhe dude who has his 360 under his ps3,id move it mate,ive got my ps3 sat on mi cablebox and it seems to cause the bugger to overheat

but ill list em in the order of use they get

1. xbox
2. xbox360
3. ps3

as far as use for gaming goes
2.ps3
3.xbox

to be honest once ive finished resistance i think the ps3 will just gather dust till i get die hard on blu ray or silent hill 5 comes out,the 360 is my favorite console by a long long way

got to agree with this

i was very very close to buying a ps3 but then i had a go on my m8s

and didnt like it, instead i got a wii, its good but i will get bored after a few months and either pass it on to my little bro or i will sell it...lol

but my 360 well i love it and can't wait for proper hacks similar to xbox1 come out

well me personally havent got a ps3 but ive had a go of one i have the rest , my order is
regards biffo

ps 3 looks sexy my boy has it and wow but i still like my psp i use it all day every day so thums up for psp

Got to say that the 360 still looks to be king of consoles at the mo. Played on a mates PS3 and was not overly impressed. It looks nice and has all the bells and whistles ie. blu-ray, wifi, but with a piss poor games library, 400 quid seems a tad OTT.

I'm just waiting to drop some money on a console and looks like MS will be getting my custom.

The Wii is the most sociable console i.e. best to take to parties as everyone can play as soon as they pick up the remote so it gets my vote at the top.

PS3 - Rip off
Xbox - Very good for online games and widest choice

well i got my ps3 and wanted to in a way not to take to it over my 360.
the blueray was the inviting part for me,but i must say this console is going to be right at the top in 10-12 months no probs at all, it has impressed me more than i thought.

im impressed with its media player capabilities, but have only played the demo games so far, !! im not overly impressed, I guess im waiting for that killer title !! for me it will be burnout 5

The linux is a nice touch, I have installed YDL.

Good idea

first of all i dont own a ps3 or 360 i have played 360 and ps3 and been on the gamespot.co.uk comparison thingy. but after seeing motorstorm and the competing war game that was meant to beat and i think would be the much bored out GoW.

1:pS3 (Dont know why but after what i have seen its got more substance than 360 and ive been playing 360 for ages
2:Xbox360
3:pSP (i play more than my xbox and ps2 combined
4:Xbox Mines modded and i used to love it now i hate it. its only good for watching dvds
5:pS2: Tekken , thats all
6:Wii: alright its got the gizmos but its paired up with games that are released on PSP and PS2 what does that tell you.... If you dont know the answer you wouldnt be onthis forum.

Nice to get reading some of your guys posts , you make me laugh.

Back