Well well well very funny, TM500 Receiver mainboard = Printed TM600_Main Rev.B

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Since i very dislike my TM500 I was thinking of playing around with it and look what could be changed from the inside.
So i Opened the box and what did i find ! A TM600 Mainboard !
So this mean we can do more than the box is advertised with, - just a guess ?
see pictures ...

yeah i think its pretty well known they are basically the same hardware just there may be components missing from the tm500 board and definatley firmware differences.

wether it is a case of just flashing a tm600 firmware on a tm500 board and its a tm600 i doubt it, buts that a question for those more knowledgeable than me....

I can upload the TM600 UR image into the TM500 by changing the header info and changing the ini file of the linuxloader. After that i the tm500 reboot but can not flash to its memory (O%)

Well, it was a nice try ...

theres different hardware as well, if you look though, theres a knockout on the board for the tm600 usb front socket as well ;)

im trying to convert a tm500super into a 600 by adding the required hardware to the mainboard ;)

I want to get an tm600 ur image into the tm500 so I would have CIFS support !
That is the only reason :)

Tm hardware seem very well protected in order not to tamper with it.

I'm sure it must be possible to change a tm500 into a tm600 without to much Fuzz (without the usb that is)

I have tampered and tried/uploaded tm600 boatloader and altered imageheaders. It digests this very well without getting corrupt.
Well done TM ! Oh well SUndays are very good for this stuff

wouldnt be surprised if it works once the missng hardware is added to the board. Surely makes economical sense to manufacture one revision of the board fro both boxes and just add the misisng bits of hrdware for the 600's.
Cheaper and easier to design.develop and mass produce 1 type of board rather than two.

it wont quite work with a tm500 m8 as theres quite a lot different to the 500 and 600

but the 500super uses the 600 image, and has the board places for hardware for usb etc

it wont quite work with a tm500 m8 as theres quite a lot different to the 500 and 600

but the 500super uses the 600 image, and has the board places for hardware for usb etc

@digi can you just send me your tm500super never mind wastin time addin all this other stuff to find you killed the damn thing, andthrow it in the bin, save yourself the price of the components and send me the box lol... i'l pay for postage... i'm actually down to controlling my dm500 clone via laptop as a box i supplied to a mate well his remot died and being the nice guy i am said i'd give him mine, then order a new one for us... all good in theory but damn paypal emailed me the other day tellin me some third party knob head had accessed my account and as a result have limited the amount of access i now have so at the moment i couldnt buy bleedin candy floss... lol

@ installer

if you have an iphone, ipod touch, android phone, or any other devive thats capable of connecting to your network, you can download a dreambox remote app for them

i have them on my ipod and can control most of my receivers in the house from it

Back