Well that sucks

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out the mrs has been made redundant.

She worked for an agency as a breastfeeding support councillor where they had a contract with the local hospital. Hospital cut size of the contract, everyone had to reapply for their jobs and she was one of the ones who didn't get renewed. I am pretty certain its because she never saw eye to eye with the fookwit of a manager they have.

They are going to pay her till the end of the month and she doesn't have to go in if she does not want to. There are still a few things to be cleared up but I have a bad feeling that her contract has expired at the end of last month so don't know were we stand at the moment.

We are going to have to have sit down and decide what to do next. Head office told her she should be alright so never really planned for this.

Really sorry to hear this oneman. Could she look into doing more with her cookery classes maybe? :err:

Sorry to hear that m8,hope she gets another job soon.

sorry to hear that there really is too much crap in the world right now.

sorry to hear that too oneman .....

that is really bad news mate...

i wish her all the luck in finding another job soon .....

Really sorry to hear this oneman. Could she look into doing more with her cookery classes maybe? :err:

Yeah, she mentioned that and at least we won't have to worry about childcare over the holidays for the time being. Might be able to babysit for summer maybe, she did the paperwork years ago as a backup, don't know if its still valid. She is going to give her old boss a call, travel agen, not a great job but its better then nothing.

Sorry to hear that news oneman...only thing I can say if tell her to stay positive. Hopefully something will come along.

Good luck.

its the way it is now these days.
just like my sister a fw years ago, was working for an agency for about 2 years but working at the same place and liked it there being a temp.
anyway they decided they wanted to make her position permanent and told her to apply for it, and went to the interveiw and walked out from the place cos they told her she didn't get the job 'cos she wasn't qualified enough', even though she'd been doing it for a couple of years.

Back