Welcome to the new Zgemma Satellite Forum

Great replys

Thanks Ferret.

Only query is when you say to remove all the usb hdd then flash and then replace the hdd usb & initialize it. would that then remove any movies i have stored on the hdd as i do have a great deal of movies on the hdd and would not want to loose them.

Kind regards Talks.
If you are flashing box you will need memory key to be FAT32 format.
I have always formatted my HDD to EXT4 format for zgemma box.
When you format to HDD you will lose everything so backup your movies first on computer.
Then after you have formatted HDD initialise and mount the HDD you then just FTP your movies on
computer back into HDD.

windows wont format EXT4.
I use this tool.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If you are flashing box you will need memory key to be FAT32 format.
I have always formatted my HDD to EXT4 format for zgemma box.
When you format to HDD you will lose everything so backup your movies first on computer.
Then after you have formatted HDD initialise and mount the HDD you then just FTP your movies on
computer back into HDD.

windows wont format EXT4.
I use this tool.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Hi river,
I fully understand the way you say to reflash the box via the usb stick pritty much the same as a vu usb flash, and thank you also, the bit about my hdd usb is a 2tb drive and has a massive collection of movies, so the bit about initialise is what i would say is going to be a pain for me yes i do have all my movies backed up on my pc and i could ftp them back to the 2tb hdd once it has been re initialised but i was hoping that i did not have to do this when pluggin the 2tb hdd back into the box, what i was meaning to ask is if i can find a way of just automounting the 2tb hdd and that way it would not need to be formatted i hope you see what i am saying becuase on any other box i use after flashing going thru the setup i can actualy automount the hdd and keep the movies that are already on the drive, its the bit in the setup where it says hdd found would you like to format or just automount it at that point i just use automount and all movies are on the drive. this is what i am hoping that the zgemma h2 combos image openatv 5.3 will have as part of the new image, reason of the ask was because i have never used the openatv 5.3 so am not shure if the hdd automount is part of the build in the said image.

Kind Regards Talks.

Hi river,
I fully understand the way you say to reflash the box via the usb stick pritty much the same as a vu usb flash, and thank you also, the bit about my hdd usb is a 2tb drive and has a massive collection of movies, so the bit about initialise is what i would say is going to be a pain for me yes i do have all my movies backed up on my pc and i could ftp them back to the 2tb hdd once it has been re initialised but i was hoping that i did not have to do this when pluggin the 2tb hdd back into the box, what i was meaning to ask is if i can find a way of just automounting the 2tb hdd and that way it would not need to be formatted i hope you see what i am saying becuase on any other box i use after flashing going thru the setup i can actualy automount the hdd and keep the movies that are already on the drive, its the bit in the setup where it says hdd found would you like to format or just automount it at that point i just use automount and all movies are on the drive. this is what i am hoping that the zgemma h2 combos image openatv 5.3 will have as part of the new image, reason of the ask was because i have never used the openatv 5.3 so am not shure if the hdd automount is part of the build in the said image.

Kind Regards Talks.

Yeah initialise would delete the content. Mounting can be achieved easily via device manager on most images.

Hi all,

I got a Zgemma s2 last week. . My friend set it up, has flashed it, and it worked perfectly at his place. But, when we plug it in at mine, it consistently says tune failed. There is 0% SNR. I have replaced the LNB and the tuner cables connecting the box to the LNB, and still nothing.

Please help!

Hi all,

I got a Zgemma s2 last week. . My friend set it up, has flashed it, and it worked perfectly at his place. But, when we plug it in at mine, it consistently says tune failed. There is 0% SNR. I have replaced the LNB and the tuner cables connecting the box to the LNB, and still nothing.

Please help!

Check the tuner config on the box Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config.

If thats ok look at dish alignment maybe test the dish with a known working box.

Hi Ferret, thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the tuner config - A is set to simple/single/28/2 and B is set to equal A.

If the box worked at someone else's house, does this suggest that the dish alignment is the issue? Just trying to think where we'd get another working box from to test!

SNR 0% (signal to noise ratio) means box is receiving no signal.

as box is working at another location, must be an issue, with dish alignment/lnb or cabling

Thanks Buzzer. We have replaced the LNB and the cabling and still nada. Checked the dish, and all seems to be perfectly aligned.

Last edited:
I have the ZGemma H.2S and reading through some of the threads this box can have some draw backs as this can't be update.Is this true?

Menu-plugins-green button then scroll to softcams
thanks, I'm having trouble getting hold of my ccam from my original supplier and I don't have a backup, is there any where I can purchase a new one?

Hi, I just bought a new H5.2ts and I know nothing about it (yet). Glad to find this stream. I might learn something. If someone knows where I can find a "Zgemma for Dummies" I'd be delighted. Thanks.

Hi

I am trying to upload whoosh ud v7 onto my zgemma h.s Box.
I use a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet but when I am on 2nd step of setup it’s saying
“Your satalite Box is not connected to the internet. Please resolve this issue”
My Ethernet cable will not reach the box? Any ideas?

Hi

I am trying to upload whoosh ud v7 onto my zgemma h.s Box.
I use a WiFi dongle to connect to the internet but when I am on 2nd step of setup it’s saying
“Your satalite Box is not connected to the internet. Please resolve this issue”
My Ethernet cable will not reach the box? Any ideas?
Move the box closer to the ethernet lead ;)

Wifi drivers are not loaded during that phase of setup, youll need to use ethernet and when complete you still may have to load the wifi drivers.

Back