Weird Zgemma network problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just flashed up my Zgemma from scratch + full set up openATV 6.2 , hard wired direct to modem. I normally set it to a static IP so I can FTP to it within the house. All's was well till suddenly it went FTA. I checked and the IP went to 0.0.0.0.
I checked all the cables and rebooted the box and the router a couple of times but when I use the network wizard it struggles like hell to get a connection either static or DHCP that's if it does connect. I've changed cat5 cable, gone DHCP and it might work for an hour then the connection drops again. Everything else is working fine in the house, PC is hard wired that's no problem and WiFi is OK as well.

anyone any ideas ?

Might be a faulty lan port but just to make sure reflash with an other image to see if its a bug in the image.I had issues connecting with my duo and powering off at rear would then get a connection.

Thanks, gonna re flash it tomorrow see if it was a bug in the SW

All's well, I reflashed the box fresh install, it all seem to stem from an online update I did of the software were I backed up the settings and plugins then re installed them from the backup.

Good stuff i prefare to setup from scratch with a clean slate and no restores.

i dont have any problems like that

@mm2 I normally dont myself, I've done it loads of times but for some reason it went funny

I ignore the updates and on my et 8000 i decided to install/download new image and settings restored whatever happened box went funny also.

Back