• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Weird thing happened

billyk

Member +
My dvd/cd writer stopped recognising cd's, it wont even see them let alone read or write them, the dvd writer part works perfectly.

Anyway i had a look in the system /hardware manager and noticed the cd writer is now shoing as a SCSI cd rom device, i have no scsi devices installed, never did have.

Has anyone ever come across this before ?

My dvd writer is a sony dvd rw dw-d22a.

the cd is showing as FD62470 EXA693J SCSI CdRom Device.

Devilfish

DW Regular
Go into Device Manager, right click on the drive and select uninstall. Reboot the PC and it will automatically install the drivers again.

Alternatively, try doing a system restore back to a point when you knowit was working normally. :)

Devilfish

DW Regular
Have you recently installed any new burning software? This happened to me with Roxio Easy Media Creator. One day it just didn't recognise the drives. I installed Nero and everything is now ok but I still can't use Roxio.

billyk

Member +
HM interesting, ive installed a few different burning and converting programmes over the last few weeks, i'll take a look at those and see if i can figure anything out.

Thanks for that.