Weird Static Noise

chrispeters

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just recentley i started to get a weird LOUD static noise when the box is on the loading screen !!
Does it on all images i try too.
doin my nut in, anyone had this before ??

Pull the mains power and wait 20 minutes for the caps to fade. Then whip the lid off and give it a thorough dusting-out. Have a very close look for any signs of localised frying, particularly around the PSU area.

But still be very careful with what you touch- you could still get a belt!

Cheers- AL

are u using any boosters? my dreambox makes a static noise but only notice it wid the yellow booster plugged in

no...i got no boosters, Al that did not work either.
i may have to live with ti,like i say it only happens on the load up screen !

OK, m8- then just keep your fingers crossed, power down overnight, check your smoke detector batteries, and make sure your House Contents Policy is up to date...

Only joking! For a mo, I thought you had an image on that used start-up sound, like some Commando images do. But then I re-read your first post and clocked that this is happening on all images.

It has to be PSU-related I think. Try just leaving it on on Standby overnight, rather than pulling the power? Cheers- AL

Try it without anything else connected to the tv scarts inputs on the tv just the dbox also try a different scart lead

make sure your coax cables aint loose, mine was makin a hell of a noise when i took one coax out of the splitter, but when i filled all the splitters again it stopped.

had similar problem and nearly fucked up my flat screen but got to the bottom of it and it was actually power in tv cable coming in so got a filter and never looked back since

thats intererestin crofty..wot kind of filter did u get to fix it...and where u put it mate ?

ok....its not the scart(tried a new 1)
its not the coax (still makes noise with NO aerial fitted)
plugged out plug for a bit , plugged back in and still makes noise.
Lol i WILL fix this hahaha

It may be same prob crofty had.but i have never seen a filter for scarts ?

i had this problem picking up interfearance theres an adaptor you can buy that filters it out i cant for the life of me remember what there called i got one and it was sorted i have a spare somewhere i got 2 at the time i will try find out what there called

ok there called cable/vcr ground breakers

oddly enough... ****** media called today and said there was a problem with my signal !!
she said " Your signal to Noise is WAY too LOW " engineer is coming tomorrow !
Do you think this could be my issue , because come to think of it , this has only been happenin in
the last 3 or 4 days , which is also stopping some websites being displayed properly !

If your sig to noise was way to low then they could resolve that at the cab or centrally, without the need to visit you. Also they would not readily know unless you reported a fault !! Sounds very suspicious!

Back