Weird one - no sound - nothing's changed!

Mors

Inactive User
Reaction score
Weird one - no sound - nothing's changed! *UPDATE - Can get sound via VLC?*

I've moved house, only 4 doors up my road though!! (I now - 'what was the point?').
Took my fully working dbox and tv with me, connected them all back up as they were, turned it all on, got a picture - great, but no sound. Thought, bugger I've muted it - I hadn't! Switched over to my DVD player to check my TV hadn't knackered in the move - audio is fine off that.
I just seem to have lost audio for no reason, picture and channels are still there, but the audio has done one?! -Andy ideas?
Nothing has changed as far as I know, it was working before I left the house - 8hrs later - no sound!
Mors

*Update*

Just connected the thing to my pc and I can get sound via VLC? Gotta be some crazy setting on the Dbox that's kicked in by itself. Not sure what it is though and it's connected up via a gold scart again.

Funnily enough i just introduced my next door neighbour into the wonders of the dox and gave him mine to borrow. He had the same problem picture perfect with no sound. This was straight out of my feed and into his. So the answer to your problem is either a new scan...... i think the cables and service files need to be re-introduced to the box then restart. Or he didnt push his scart to tv in properly because ive had sound issues this way myself.

To get the dox working again on my feed. I plugged it in and did the above mentioned concerning the cables and services.

I am now currrently monitoring any changes and stuff when swapping feeds in the eventualality that I may explain fixes and stuff for other folk in the wod forum. going to try pro version on his feed again sunday. will get back

wenglishboy said:
Funnily enough i just introduced my next door neighbour into the wonders of the dox and gave him mine to borrow. He had the same problem picture perfect with no sound. This was straight out of my feed and into his. So the answer to your problem is either a new scan...... i think the cables and service files need to be re-introduced to the box then restart. Or he didnt push his scart to tv in properly because ive had sound issues this way myself.
To get the dox working again on my feed. I plugged it in and did the above mentioned concerning the cables and services.
I am now currrently monitoring any changes and stuff when swapping feeds in the eventualality that I may explain fixes and stuff for other folk in the wod forum. going to try pro version on his feed again sunday. will get back

Fixed it, god knows how though. Tried a scan and a reboot - no good, just knackered my bouquets. Tried reseating the scarts - no difference. Then, I swapped over to the otehr scart out on the dbox and it worked, not sure why as it never last night.

Fixed tho! :)

Mors

these doxes should have been made in ireland im sure....Congrats on the fixing.

The scart sockets are not short circuit proof and to twiddle on a powered dbox is a good chance to destroy one of them.

I lost my sound on my dbox as well, while pressing the stand by button. I am using the pacino 2.0 image and i am just going to try and fix it. Does anyone think that pushing the stand by button might have caused this??

THANKS TO EVERYONE IN THE FORUM!!!

Hello newbie, I doubt very much whether that is the case simply out of statistics.

There has got to be literally hundreds of "legit" users of that image from this forum alone and the chances of not seeing this problem before are pretty small. That said however, I can't imagine what could have caused it.

Best thing is to simply try to go to the audio settings and try changing the volume control from AVS to LIRC to OST and stop at whichever works best, if any do :)

By the way, I admire you for delving so far back in the records in the persuit of an answer to your question. Nice one mate, Chris. :)

P.S. Loose scart lead???

Last edited:
I would definately say try changing the options in the Audio Settings, as GingerChris says.
This has happened to me before...just change the audio settings and changed back and audio now ok.
The audio from the TV scart can be changed up and down, like standard audio. The audio from the video scart is fixed and cannot be changed.

changing the audio control from AVS to OST does work. after reboots etc my sound was gone too. changing this setting fixed the problem.

Kryton said:
changing the audio control from AVS to OST does work. after reboots etc my sound was gone too. changing this setting fixed the problem.
not just through the scart
i use the audio out to my suround system and mine goes of a reboot sorts it
here is a question though how do u record off a dbox
not the pvr style
ordinary video

tried that it didnt work
got sound but no picture

search for 'macrovision' ... dont know if that ur prob.
or maybe the tv setting on dbox (RGB ?)

David h ,my dvd/video recorder has an option on it that you have to set to external maybe yours is the same when i first tried i couldnt get it but went through the booklet fron the dvd/video recorder and found i had to set it up like this now i can record to dvd and video from box

I tried changing the settings but nothing worked i just reflashed the box and ftpd my backed up services + boucqets it worked fine thanks man.

THE WYNNYIN.

Back