Weird Laptop Problem

madonion

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Toshiba laptop which is rarely used, about 3 years old. Over the weekend it was up and running for about 8 hours but not doing anything other than being on (Screen saver). It switched itself off 3 or 4 times and when i turned it back on beeped quickly continuously until i pressed the escape key.

No idea as to why this is happening. Can anyone please help? I have not changed any settings and it has had a clean install of xp a few months back.

Thanks guys

I have a Toshiba laptop which is rarely used, about 3 years old. Over the weekend it was up and running for about 8 hours but not doing anything other than being on (Screen saver). It switched itself off 3 or 4 times and when i turned it back on beeped quickly continuously until i pressed the escape key.

No idea as to why this is happening. Can anyone please help? I have not changed any settings and it has had a clean install of xp a few months back.

Thanks guys
over heating
try cleaning the intakes for the cpu

lol give it a good blow job lol

ha ha thanks for the reply. I will give it a once over with an air duster and let you know how I get on. It boots up ok just have to press escape to stop it beeping!
also check the battery for the bios and check bios settings

have you sorted this problem out yet m8 ?
because i have a toshiba satellite laptop that does the same,every time i boot it up the pc speaker beeps like mad untill i hit the escape or ctrl button, ive tryed all the advise in this thread but it still does it.

i was wondering if its down to the key board being dodgy ???

any more ideas guy's...

sounds like somthings wrong in the bios or its a hardware error

check manufacturers website about bios errors .etc

Back