Weird Food Combinations

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok, i love brown soda bread, with butter, raspberry jam and cheddar cheese. It sounds awful but tastes gorgeous. :)

Anyone else got a strange food combination that works?

Or one they tried that definitely didnt work!

I'm sure I got lots but the only one that comes to my mind at this hour is Buttered toast with Encona Hot West Indian chilli sauce spread over it! lol I used to have it quite a lot but don't bother anymore

A friend of mine has fishfinger and brown sauce sandwiches, he swears they're gorgeous, i'll have to try them one of these days :)

A friend of mine has fishfinger and brown sauce sandwiches, he swears they're gorgeous, i'll have to try them one of these days :)

try some cheese on aswell and loads of hp

ive got a few concotions like
digestive biscuits with hp sauce
fruited scone with cheese and hp
bacon,sausage and spam butty with ketchup and hp

I love mixing all sorts of stuff that shouldnt go together, usually its to use up leftover food to make a meal.
Coleslaw with any kind of chocolate gateau is delicious.
My roast dinners often have mashed banana -infact I got this one added as an option to my local pub sunday roast menu as its so nice.

I remember taking a lunch to my workshop once which was a mars bar covered in tomato sauce and mini sausage roll, both inside a a crusty bread roll. That was a nice mix but it didnt seem too popular with everyone else.

I love my unusual foods. Daily enjoyment for me finding new tastes.

Just the usual for me.

Cheese and apple sandwich, or the Yanks fave peanut butter and jam (jelly) sandwich.

Baked beans with mayonnaise or salad cream is nice too.

Chapati and chips.

I also do the robot dance around the kitchen singing

Chapati and chips,
Chapati and chips,
Chapati and chips,

fry left over mash and cabbage, add peas, onions and mix in fresh fish preferably smoked cod then I add a load of chillies

served up with an egg on top and loads of brown sause

I like chillies so this morning was egg on toast with hot chillie flaks on top:proud:

Ok, i love brown soda bread, with butter, raspberry jam and cheddar cheese. It sounds awful but tastes gorgeous. :)

Anyone else got a strange food combination that works?

Sounds like that "snake charming" has got you preggo.. congratulations, lol.

Evastars Location said:

weetabix with butter on been doing this since i was a kid :)

Jam and cheese sandwiches are normal where I come from. My Grandad used to eat them, and I do too. Pukka too.

Me dad is weird though, he likes mash potato and mushy pea sandwiches. Weirdo!

Toast with daddies brown sauce on is nice too. And my bird likes to eat reggae reggae and brown sauce together. Or tommy k and mayo mixed together. Again shes a weirdo.

fry left over mash and cabbage, add peas, onions and mix in fresh fish preferably smoked cod then I add a load of chillies

I like chillies so this morning was egg on toast with hot chillie flaks on top:proud:

In the unlikely event we ever meet DG, please don't pump! :proud:

Pmsl
Ma mouth was watering right up to the bit you added the chillies.
Yer taste buds must be wiped out fella.lol

Sounds like that "snake charming" has got you preggo.. congratulations, lol.

Lmao i've been eating brown bread with jam and cheese since i was a kid, so no definitely not!

@ janobi, tomato ketchup and mayonnaise mixed is lovely :)

Last edited:
Ok mushrooms may be fungi that grows on poo but they still taste nice and are full of b vitamins :)

A couple of the weirdest combinations I have made and love is TomYum soup; chicken and fish with lemond grass and red and green chilly. (Tastes really nice)

The other one is banana and red chilly with coffee. Man it gives you a lift when you need it.

Back