webstar epc2100 r2

yorkie1

Member ++
Reaction score
please please can anyone tell me if these cable modems are hackable !

for a start there is only 1 litlle connector on this version the white 1

will it work on tw ?

what cables do i need i have a rs 232 cable with a sound adapter i ahve modded to it and soldered which plugs directly into the white connector on the board ,is there a way i can check its comunicating with the modem ?

is ther a tut for this actual modem not the 1 for the 2100

any help much appreciated Yorkie1

please please can anyone tell me if these cable modems are hackable !

for a start there is only 1 litlle connector on this version the white 1

will it work on tw ?

what cables do i need i have a rs 232 cable with a sound adapter i ahve modded to it and soldered which plugs directly into the white connector on the board ,is there a way i can check its comunicating with the modem ?

is ther a tut for this actual modem not the 1 for the 2100

any help much appreciated Yorkie1
yes yes yes and i think yes lol
look here
it doesnt hurt to try search m8 :)

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=101677&highlight=webstar

tryed it mate no joy

done the tutorial over and over again when i get to the part where it is supposed to give me three opstions in its own menu nothing ahppening just a flashing cursor in hyper terminal mode?????????

the modem when u open it has only 1 connector i know its the 1 i need but can't find out if the 232 is connecting properly any ideas ??????????????

tryed it mate no joy

done the tutorial over and over again when i get to the part where it is supposed to give me three opstions in its own menu nothing ahppening just a flashing cursor in hyper terminal mode?????????

the modem when u open it has only 1 connector i know its the 1 i need but can't find out if the 232 is connecting properly any ideas ??????????????
if u cant get a reading in hyper terminal the connection is wrong trace the wires from ur jtag (tx on jtag to tx on the modem and so on) if u get to the part to press p and nothing is happening then u need to change the control flow to hardware or xon

tryed it mate no joy

when u do this

Once your console cable is connected and your hyper terminal is running power on the modem. And if you have done all of the above then u should start to see messages in your console window
do u get any messages?
if not ur not making any connection

same problem

i got the same problem kinda.....when it asks me to input the 3 options i press p and nothin happens

people say its my port settings but i cant see how this can be as i have done the r2 before
had a problem like this on a couple of modems now
#

any pointers?

hi m8 check ur rx connection and make sure it correct making good contact with the rx pin on the max and on the modem...try this also, some peeps say it had work for them
its by melttic
go into hyperterminal
then file
properties
then settings
then ascii
then tick "echo typed characters locally"
now ok out
now when u press p it will work
just go back in settings and change back once u have done the p bit
this will do it

done what was said above

can press p now although it still has no effect

all comsole messages say my rs232 is workin as i have done these before

just something seems differnet about these

the sw revision is

epc2100r2 - v202r1256a - 060303 - 060721
p/n 4015875
h/w rev 2.1
date of manufacter 01/07

any helpwould be appreciated

like a photo of an r2(high quality) that someone has done (closeup of board around flash chip) just so i can rule out a resistor missing on purpose (I.e they havnt left it off to stop people doing this to em)

anyhelp would be appreciated

here is a readout of my earlier try and all responces

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29598&d=1183636764

and this is what i get

Last edited:
hi m8 check ur rx connection and make sure it correct making good contact with the rx pin on the max and on the modem...try this also, some peeps say it had work for them
its by melttic
go into hyperterminal
then file
properties
then settings
then ascii
then tick "echo typed characters locally"
now ok out
now when u press p it will work
just go back in settings and change back once u have done the p bit
this will do it

thanks gentlex can now press p but still get text scoll but no menu ?

check ur flow control is set to none or xon xoff in hyperterminal com port settings

it wasnt but just tried none and xonxoff now all the modem lights are on and hyperterm saysBoard IP Address [0.0.0.0]:

it wasnt but just tried none and xonxoff now all the modem lights are on and hyperterm saysBoard IP Address [0.0.0.0]:
that correct m8 just follow the 250 tut and u should be fine

thank m8 all sorted now i was following the 2100 tut and theres some bits missing all sorted now thanks again gentlex

Back