Browser Website down

Sandra51

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
Is anyone having problems opening Gumtree.com as I have been getting this message for the last two days

AccessDeniedAccess DeniedW1PS2MYQJZGYQAEPJFTlkNmHwyXYXY//gvLNZpk6vxz+DRwNLUICvy5mZUrNQTnt4wqE8H2GR/GZjqlQxJwK440YyMU=

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/gumtree/

Says that it is OK but it looks like I have been locked out for some reason

Working ok here too @Sandra51

Have you tried clearing your browers cache and cookies?

I will try a different IP address later using my VPN in case it's got something against that IP for some reason, thanks Bob.

I have used a different browser so I can't see it being the cache and cookies but worth a try.

It's strange as I haven't posted anything to sell on it for years but I did buy something a few weeks back and I had been exchanging messages with the seller and the last thing I did on there was to leave a positive review of the seller about 8 days back.

It must be my IP address as I have just tried to get in on my iPhone and I get the same message and I have never even tried to access it from my phone before :rolleyes:

It must be my IP address as I have just tried to get in on my iPhone and I get the same message and I have never even tried to access it from my phone before :rolleyes:

Have you tried with mobile data and on wifi? as your ip addresses wont be the same

OK, clearing the cache and cookies did no good so I used my VPN and when it was set to London with an IP beginning with 5 it gave me the same message but it was OK set to Manchester beginning with 185 so I was able to send them a message to see if they can tell me what is wrong. As i was writing the message I remembered that the last time I was on the site it wouldn't open one of my savedsearches and the refresh and close buttons in Chrome were rapidly alternating. I made a short video screen capture to send them if they want to see it and I will upload it here. I am not having any problems with any other sites :rolleyes:
View attachment gumtree.mp4

OK, clearing the cache and cookies did no good so I used my VPN and when it was set to London with an IP beginning with 5 it gave me the same message but it was OK set to Manchester beginning with 185 so I was able to send them a message to see if they can tell me what is wrong. As i was writing the message I remembered that the last time I was on the site it wouldn't open one of my savedsearches and the refresh and close buttons in Chrome were rapidly alternating. I made a short video screen capture to send them if they want to see it and I will upload it here. I am not having any problems with any other sites :rolleyes:
View attachment 134539
Thats really strange.
Have you tried another device to see if its not your iphone that is having issues?

This is getting even stranger now as I got on OK without using my VPN a few minutes ago and I clicked on the favourites and that opened OK then I clicked on my alerts and that page opened OK and then usually I right click on one and tell it to open in a new window. The first one was fine then the second one was OK but the third one had 3 pages of items listed, it was OK scrolling through the first page and going to the second and scrolling through that but when I went to the third page it did the thing like it shows in that video and will not load the page, so I closed that page and tried to open my 4th alert but then I got the access denied message o_O

I might run a virus and malware scan on pc and then load a browser called opera as its light and works without issues as changed from mozilla and opera has its own vpn if needed.

I might run a virus and malware scan on pc and then load a browser called opera as its light and works without issues as changed from mozilla and opera has its own vpn if needed.
Been using Opera for several years now and can’t fault to tbh.

I have had a reply from Gumtree asking me to update Chrome and to try different browsers and without my VPN, I am not sure if they read my last email saying that I had updated Chrome and tried Brave.

I have tried it today without my VPN and I get the access denied in Chrome, Brave, Edge and Opera but when I installed Firefox it won't even go to the site to give me the access denied message and it says what you can see in the attached screenshot.firefox error.JPG

No mention of malware or virus detected

I got a reply from Gumtree, they think it's a problem with my IP, which is a static one, so they are going to pass it on to someone higher up.

Gumtree has been working fine for me since Sunday so I emailed support yesterday to see if they had found and fixed a problem and this is their reply.

Hello Sandra,

I hope you're good!

I have double checked with the technical team about your issue and they confirmed it has been fixed.
It seems there was an error on our side with your IP address but it should be sorted now.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on resolving your issue. Have a pleasant week ahead.

Kind Regards,
Rose
Gumtree.com Ltd

Gumtree | Free classified ads from the #1 classifieds site in the UK

I thought it had to be that after it was OK using my VPN and no other website was affected.

Back