Website coming aloing...

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
What ya think?

kustomwebsite-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. Might it be worth putting a "computers from £..." on there somewhere?

I'd personally use text links for navigation rather than form like buttons.

I would say do some fancy glass type design for the top banner. Will improve it immensely.

Just google glass photoshop tutorials if you need help in doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may say.

The photo of the Flashdrive is too big. It is out of proportion to what you are trying to sell.
Take the flashdrive out of the packet and try again.
It will make a big difference to the symmetry.

Otherwise coming along nicely. Well done:Clap:

EDIT: Just had another look.
The pictures look top heavy. If you inserted another picture of another accessory next to the other
one it will even it out.

Also, the point about FREE HOME SET UP is a big draw to non-savvy customers. Make it more
prominent. That is more important than the free flashdrive.

Last edited:
Looks pretty damn good mate, snappy name too. Quick question, how do you make a profit if you have to do a 'free home setup' for somebody 300 miles away??
Good luck with it,
HH

Oh & none of the links work:banana::banana:

Thanks for the input guys.

All feedback is welcome.

Obviously it is an early draft version, I was thinking about links instead of buttons but was not sure.

Will have a mess about with the pics and stuff, and try messing about with a better logo but I am crap at that sort of thing, when it goes live I may have something better though.

Oh and at present I will just be targeting my local area with paper ads and flyers etc, not going to add a cart until I get things up and running so I will be able to offer free home setup as it is a specific area that I am targeting.

Thanks for the input guys.

All feedback is welcome.

Obviously it is an early draft version, I was thinking about links instead of buttons but was not sure.

Will have a mess about with the pics and stuff, and try messing about with a better logo but I am crap at that sort of thing, when it goes live I may have something better though.

Oh and at present I will just be targeting my local area with paper ads and flyers etc, not going to add a cart until I get things up and running so I will be able to offer free home setup as it is a specific area that I am targeting.

but i take it you will sell to everywhere else? just keep the free home setup to your local area?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

so like if i ordered summit from ur site, i couldnt expect free home setup?!?!? bloody falses advertiseing!! haha mate only kidding best of luck with it btw and be sure to give us a link so i can save to the favourites!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

digi matey, i know you posted some good stuff about me asking about upgrading my pc, thinking of going the quad core, etc etc......

i see your in the north east....you up and running yet...might get a price list of you like.....:banana:

(i also do web sites....lol...and yes it's looking good.)

Lol, nowhere near up and running mate, just decided to do it the other day.

I build PC's for a hobby, nothing special, just a bit of pocket money, so decided the other day to have a go at advertising and such, see if I can get a nice second income.

It is mainly sourcing my goods from online etailers to build ready made computers to sell local to people who are not really into the internet as much as peeps like us. (Basically those who don't know about eBuyer, Scan, Overclockers and such, or those who can't build their own.) Then I would be providing the build service for a small premium. The prices of ready built computers will be close to buying separate, maybe £35 added or so for the fully built system with the peace of mind that I will give the full warranty on the products, unlike online etailers who only give you 30 days then tell you to take it up with the manufacturer. I would accept the component back and replace it immediately with a brand new one, I would then take it up with the manufacturer, saving my customers all the hassle. As long as I can beat places like PCWorld then I should be able to give out a good sales pitch.

After all customer satisfaction is what makes a business, especially if it is locally targeted.

I know my mate does have an account with some kind of company where he usually gets his items a good 10% less than what I can, so I may well look into that to try and bring costs down and give me an edge when I do eventually get the website up and running.

Eventually if things do look good and I get a decent amount of savings I could start to target manufacturers for bulk buying direct, say maybe 10-15 items at a time, this way I can make further savings. If this fails (i.e. I have stock left over and the prices drop below what I paid for them) then I have not lost anything other than profits, I will not be in debt thus leaving me to carry on the way I was.

Anyway it all sound good in theory mate, but putting it all into practice is another matter altogether. But I am willing to give it a go as it is what I enjoy doing.

Last edited:
yeah i see man, thanks, i've been having a look at that new agp graphics card that came out trying to squeeze a little bit more out of it, but as time goes buy I'm itching for an upgrade really.

I'll keep this machine like as it has billions of programs set up on it that i'd just use this for my work, the new one for gaming....

i think you should defo be able to beat pc world like, i'd be interested in the parts and build my self...you know me like a new hobby.

I'll see what computer orbit can offer me and then maybe fire it your way. i'd sort you out for it of course.

Computer Orbit, I remember them.

Gateshead yeah, they have quite a large shop if I remeber correctly?

I went up there and bought my first PC after getting with my partner (had loads before that but that was when I was single, the good times, lol.)

Anyway it was an AMD K62 Duron 500mhz and a Sparkle 32mb TNTII graphics card, shows you how long ago that was.

Also the AGP card, people have to realise that if you do buy it, it will hold it's value as cards of this performance in AGP format are rare now, in 8-12 months they will be very rare and I dare reckon you would still get over £100 for it after Christmas, and that is secon hand.

Obviously the format has to die at some point and become almost worthless, but not for a wile yet as I reckon AGP systems in homes still out number PCI-express.

Last edited:
ha, yeah, i bought a 200 sx with a single speed cd-rom, think it had a 16 meg graphics card, with 16 meg of ram...bloody heck...i remember buying a modem off them and there was no internet...no google, etc etc...all you could do is ftp into work....lol dam....

Well done col if you dont try you will never know mate, so far so good.

Looks good mate, I had a similar business set up to local people when i was finishing college as a way to save up for uni! Was a nice money earner, decided to stop it when I couldn't take people phoning me every second of the day when they couldn't figure out where the power button was etc..

Let us know how its working for you! Would be interesting to see if smaller computer makers can still compete!

Back