Webpage designer/editor

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
It has been years (15) since I created a website. I was using notepad, dreamweaver 3 and front page back then.
Fast forward to now and I need to create a website and I have been completely out of the game for all that time.

I have managed to register a domain name and have hosting with sharkhost.
Now I am trying to find an editor like dreamweaver 3.
I had a look at dreamweaver CC and it looks like it is based on pure coding now and I am looking for somthing that is the easy/lazy way where I drop some pictures and add some text to build the page.

The hosting has wordpress and Joomla but they also seem very complicated to add a theme but then amend it to the way I exactly want it.

Any times on software I could purchase for my mac or windows laptop to design my website easily.
I wouldn'y mind Wix or Weebley but hoping for cheaper alternatives that use the same simple format they do.

Thanks

I use wordpress to edit and its pretty simple, but all I am doing is editing not starting from scratch

brackets is good and colour codes errors. just build for mobile first as most sites viewed on phones and tablets
most design is done with ccs now and not much html

xara webdesign might help if your looking for gui based layout but responsive site is easier than you think using media quries to pick layout for screen size

Back