webby designer

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm need someone who can design my website better and have good listing in the search engines

can anyone help me on this??

I was once into web building a year or two ago, now I think I would be so far behind the times I could not really help.

If you posted a link to your site I am sure some peeps here could give you a little help in indexing it.

But on the whole there is no magic cure to search listings.

At the end of the day, if your wanting to make a profit from your website then you must market it, and that comes at a cost. If your just want to use your site for personal use then why not swap links with other similar sites on the net? From there the spiders will crawl and find the links and then you will be acknowledged more within your particular fields search results.

I've got no cure either. However I set up a couple of minor personal sites and google seems to have picked up on them and they get quite high up on the listings. Don't think the whole linkback thing works as haven't got them listed anywhere, nor have I submitted them to the search engines.

Don't know how they found em actually.

People pay thousands to have their sites optimised for search engines, however here are some SEO tips:
  • Don't spam your meta data. If your site has nothing to do with, for example, Paris Hilton, don't put her name in the keywords head tag - at the very least Google frown upon it. If you have a forum or blog on the site and these 'random' words and phrases appear you'll be indexed anyway, there would be no need to keep adding to the meta data beyond the core purpose of the site.
  • Also don't spam keywords in the text either. Popular was the practice of putting blocks of text at the bottom of pages, to raise the profile of the page. Whilst Googles indexing algorithms are closely guarded secrets, it is speculated that it weights for when words are used in sentences.
  • Whenever possible use breadcrumb navigation. Look at the top of this page, you'll see Digital World > What PC > General Computer Topics these are breadcrumbs. Properly linked pages are easier to index and should therefore appear higher in listings.
  • Give each page a relevent name. For example say your site sells machine parts, you'd be better off naming the catalouge page for gaskets as gaskets.html rather than using a SKU range like 12-24.html. If each individual item then has its own page use something like the name of the part or perhaps a manufacturers part number (when not a generic part).
  • Get your site linked to by other sites. To start you off, as DW is a well indexed site, why not list it in your profile under 'home page URL'? (NB don't put it in your sig without checking with admin.)
  • Try to stay as standards complient as possible. I've heard Google at least prefers sites that are properly nested.

Other tips:
  • Don't overload pages. Many web users are reluctant to go "beyond the fold". This is a term used to describe the point at which someone has to start scrolling down. An exception to this would be a website selling stuff, but several sites use a system whereby the customer can view more items per page if they want but defaults to the least items per page. See iwantoneofthose.com, naturalcollection.com and asos.com for examples.
  • Avoid frames; although this is only because it makes it difficult for users to bookmark a page, as search engines are now perfectly capable of indexing sites built using frames.

Hey,

I currently have my own business EasyWeb UK
which can be found at www.easywebuk.co.uk
I'm sure we would be able to help you with a solution for your web site issues.
Just provide us with some more detail and we will se what we can do.

Sent pm anyway

Thanks

Mark

Hey,

I currently have my own business EasyWeb UK
which can be found at www.easywebuk.co.uk
I'm sure we would be able to help you with a solution for your web site issues.
Just provide us with some more detail and we will se what we can do.

Sent pm anyway

Thanks

Mark

All the posts of yours ive seen are advertising your site. Do you just advertise on here?

hey sorry i was not aware about advertising through signatures as regards it not being aloud and therefore I have removed it. My recent posts have been focused towards web design as I believe to be able to help a number of DW users in the web design problems.

We are offering 10% off to all DW users.

Altough it may be viewed as complete advertising this is not our purpose, we are hoping to help people on here. Not only do we provide a service at cost we also offer free support to help users like people here on DW.

Thanks

Mark

mark if your giving discount to our members we dont have a problem now that youve offered discount to our members

okay thanks .. yes 10% discount is offered to all DW members.
I'd be lost without this site and its about time I gave something back.

Thanks

Back